Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:09:56 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Small Visualizer change
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Small Visualizer change  (Read 4076 times)
CS25230
Poster

« on: October 11, 2010, 02:58:41 AM »

I noticed when the detective dies while holding the visualizer it doesn't drop. Do you think it would be unbalanced to have it active/fall to the ground next to the detective when he dies? Perhaps you can have it on small delay so the traitor can move before it pulses giving away his location.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 03:01:58 AM by CS25230 »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

I thought about this also thinking it would be nice and make traitors think twice against killing detectives so quickly but yes i think some sort of delay should be used not to long to make it pointless.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 07:57:44 AM »

Hmm, not sure. It would definitely need a few seconds of delay, and the traitor would need to be able to destroy it quickly.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 08:14:54 AM »

Loving this idea.

Signature Pending...
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:25:00 PM »

I think it would be nice, mainly because its odd for an item to just disappear on dead.  The visualizer is quite useful to determine from where he got shot which makes it extremely useful against snipers which would already be unable to pick up the dna scanner at that range.
Allowing the visualizer to be dropped which gives away the location of the sniper would ensure less camping and makes sniping the detective a risky undertaking.

The visualizer isn't as useful on close range as you are unable to find out the "last seen" without a detective, at this point the visualizer poses little threat to the traitor. Long term it would of course be best to destroy the visualizer before its used to find more valuable clues.
You do however leave DNA on the body on close range, while taking the dna scanner is your first priority when you kill the detective.  I think it would be nice to give some sort of penalty of sniping the detective on long range as no DNA is left.

Perhaps drop the visualizer and give it about 10-20 seconds before it becomes active on dead, this gives the traitor a chance to try and shoot the visualizer before it comes active as well as enough time to make a get away in-case the visualizer is out of range of being shot.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 08:31:21 PM »

This is in the SVN build now, by the way.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Small Visualizer change « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length