Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:41 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Knife Ideas + Cool Addons.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Knife Ideas + Cool Addons.  (Read 4957 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: October 09, 2010, 05:19:42 PM »

HULLO.
Dis is my first post =) And I've got some ideas for TTT, I hope you like them.

FIRST.
The knife:

Melee Knife should stay as it is (dealing 50hp per hit); face stabs should be a loud kill, backstabs should be a silent kill.

Throwing Knives should be an insta kill, thats the cool stuff about it, I always used my Throwing Knife.

Also. Throwing Knives should be "Ricochet", I mean you hit a wall, it bounces, and if it hits someone, he dies.

Thats all about the knife.

The ADD-ONS:

There should be KillCams (NO, IM NOT A MW2 FANBOI, I HATE THAT GAME). But you get the idea, it shows you how you died (the KillCam "spectates" your killer").

+ A Winning Round KillCam.

+ When you found a body, it says what were his last words. This only works if the dead guy was typing. But if he is using the mic, the game should RECORD WHAT HE SAYS before he dies, so you actually listen what he said.

+ The Visualizer should be a "moving hologram"; like theres 2 holograms, above one it says "killer", above the other one, "victim". It shows you the last 5 seconds of the battle, so you see how he died, moving style.

+ VISUALIZER SHOULD WORK FOR THE KNIVES, IF the suggestion I made above is accepted: You see how the knife flew till it hit the victim.

So thats it guys.

Bad King, I know its way too long (the topic) but I hope you like it.
Also, TTT IS THE BEST GAME EVAH.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 05:24:08 PM »

For someone claiming not to be a MW2 fanboy you sure are taking a lot of ideas from that game.

Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 05:50:58 PM »

No. Killcams could promote ghosting, the visualizer doesn't need to move and would probably be stressful on systems, and does it really matter if a knife bounces off a wall?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

First.
I HATE MW2.

Then: bouncing knives would be way better, they would alow you to do things you couldnt do with normal knife, like a mega stealth kill.

And Killcams can only be seen by spectators, and people actually know when someone's ghosting,

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »

Bouncing knives would very rarely be usefull, but might lead to some funny kills :D

The visualizer upgrades seem good, if they can be done.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

=)

Bouncing Knives could lead TTT to a new gameplay style, as you dont know where the knife came from.

Killcams + Bouncing Knives = FUNNY KILL.

And the visualizer could give you an idea of where the traitor went after the crime.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 08:16:23 PM »

Animated visualizer stuff is not technically feasible.

Killcams would require a serious amount of time and effort to implement, not going to happen.

I don't see how bouncing knives are going to have a practical use, they would need a ton of speed/range for useful bouncing, which would make them overpowered.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 09:18:18 PM »

Dammit...
What about the Insta-Kill throwing knife?
If you think its too OP, lets say you gotta hit em in the head to kill them.

And.
Throwing Knives should have more range, so you get some long range knife kills, who knows, it may help.

JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 01:00:22 AM »

I actually think the throwing knife insta-kill thing sounds like a pretty good idea.
Not exactly an insta-kill, but more like the Sandman for the Scout in TF2.
The damage would increase depending on how far back you threw the knife from. I know it's not incredibly realistic, but throwing knife kills are pretty hard to get as it is.
It should only reach 100 damage from a very very far distance, however.
Major Binkx
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »

Well, we already had instant kill for all knife attacks, and the 50 hp is currently being tested- 1-hit kill thrown knife got to be too powerful.
The last words mic thing could be hard to hear ingame if people are talking, so it would need to mute other sound while listening.  However, I don't think its necessary or feasible- the game would have to keep records of all mic conversations for when peope died.  Also, it's probably easier just to listen to people on the mic, and hear them if they are shouting out something.
Love the killcam idea, but it just won't be possible.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Knife Ideas + Cool Addons. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length