Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:17:32 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: new gmod update broke metamod source
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: new gmod update broke metamod source  (Read 11537 times)
Sacmo
Poster

« on: October 09, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »

Anyone find a fix to stop metamod from crashing ttt?

or any advice?
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 12:46:24 AM »

Only thing I know of is to remove the metamod.vdf file in the addons folder. Granted it will stop sourcemod working at all, but it will fix the server crashing.

Personally I'm keeping it at V14 since admin still works, but the end scoreboard doesn't so I'm waiting on the coders to fix sourcemod.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 12:54:39 AM »

Only thing I know of is to remove the metamod.vdf file in the addons folder. Granted it will stop sourcemod working at all, but it will fix the server crashing.

Personally I'm keeping it at V14 since admin still works, but the end scoreboard doesn't so I'm waiting on the coders to fix sourcemod.

This has already been done for a temp fix thanks for the suggestion though.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 02:29:40 AM »

ahh so now its just a matter of waiting.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 03:24:10 AM »

nnjg's ttt works fine with metamod and sourcemod.
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010, 04:53:39 AM »

has he updated to the new version, because everyone im talking to is that its crashing ttt, He prob hasnt updated his server.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 06:47:30 AM »

Who is "he"? I'm the owner of nnjg's (A clan.) ttt. The server is running ttt v13 (It has custom shit, so when updates come I'm lazy.. heh) and metamod: source with sourcemod. Any normal sourcemod command besides kick, or custom plugin commands crash the server. But besides that, rtv, nominate, kick and the needed commands work (Ulx for banning).

But besides that, speaking in terms of the gmod version being updated, it is.
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 06:56:53 AM »

Yeah ur on v13, we are v15, thats why our sourcemod wont work, durrr.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 06:58:45 AM »

Again v15 only with metamod seems to be broken v13 etc was fine and we have one of our servers still running v14 and thats fine with it just v15 that is the problem it would seem.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 08:10:01 AM »

If it crashes upon the use of "sm_ban", and you configure TTT to run sm_ban for it's autobanning stuff, that would obv. cause crashes. However, TTT will never automatically use sm_ban, it requires setting "ttt_ban_type sm".

That's the only way I can see TTT inducing a server plugin crash.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 01:05:06 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily the ttt mod crashing it. I think it's the gmod update in general. I just tried a second server with ttt v15 and gmod update 102 and 103, both times it would crash the server on entry. Both times if I took the metamod.vdf file out it wouldn't crash :/

I also have any autobans relating to ttt off, since the ban system is done through sourcebans.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »

I don't think it's necessarily the ttt mod crashing it. I think it's the gmod update in general. I just tried a second server with ttt v15 and gmod update 102 and 103, both times it would crash the server on entry. Both times if I took the metamod.vdf file out it wouldn't crash :/

I also have any autobans relating to ttt off, since the ban system is done through sourcebans.

This if not explained properly is the problem with us we use SM and Sourcebans and we have latest Gmod and TTT updates and the servers crash upon entry to the server regardless of who it is.

It is nice to know its not just us but the problem being obviously we use sourcebans as our primary ban tool thus banned people from the past are getting back in and having to be banned by an admin via ULX all over again.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2010, 01:53:23 PM »

This is a common thing that happens sometimes on garrysmod updates, the offsets in sourcemod are incorrect after the update and will crash your server.
A simple solution would be to get the latest snapshot from sourcemod which you can do over here which includes the following fix here

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 02:06:11 PM »

This is a common thing that happens sometimes on garrysmod updates, the offsets in sourcemod are incorrect after the update and will crash your server.
A simple solution would be to get the latest snapshot from sourcemod which you can do over here which includes the following fix here

But the problem is metamod sourcemod.vtf was removed separately and the problem persisted and i believe we have already (thursday i think) got the latest metamod snapshot. That did not change anything making us think it was perhaps a separate problem or we just wanted confirmation that we will need to wait for the next metamod snapshot to get things rolling.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »

I'm using the latest sourcemod snapshot 1.4.0-hg3137 with stable metamod build 1.8.3 in combination with the SVN TTT release and have just tested it for crashing on connect which did not occur for me.
If I run into any odd problems later on today, I'll be sure to let you know. Meanwhile you might want to try hosting a fresh copy and see if that fixes it.

Are you perhaps running any other metamod plugins besides sourcemod which could cause the crash?

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

We only run sourcemod that runs via metamod perhaps we will look into fresh install of SM and metamod on one server then do to the rest.

Assuming you are running version 15 of TTT as that seems to be the problem in conjunction with everything else.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010, 03:04:54 PM »

Running v16 atm, didn't had any issues with v15 either.

Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2010, 03:09:56 PM »

v16? there isn't a v16 of TTT released and v15 was only released a few days ago... either you messed up your numbers or you get early access to releases but it seems a bit too early to have early access to something due to how long ago v15 was released.

Anyway ok cool i will look into getting fresh SM & metamod if its not a large problem for everything see how it goes but really not sure if i will do strait away perhaps wait see if another snapshot is released etc.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2010, 03:21:48 PM »

v16? there isn't a v16 of TTT released and v15 was only released a few days ago..

Using the latest SVN build. (https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/trunk)

AFAIK the current changelog for v16 is:

- Traitors now start with 2 credits.
- Silenced Pistol sound range is shorter (ie. it's quieter).
- Stored persistent Karma value resets when the player is autokicked.
- Fixed alivecheck command.

Also you might want to try using the stablebuild of metamod seeing as that seems to be working fine for me. Latest snapshot of sourcemod is probably required in order to get it working under the recent gmod update.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »

v16 is just the currently in-development SVN version of the gamemode.

I very strongly doubt that the exact TTT version has any influence on SM/metamod crashes. SM/metamod has nothing to do with gmod's Lua, and vice versa. The gmod update is a much more likely cause (offset changes etc), and the new TTT version just happens to coincide with that update. Going back to TTT v14, for example, would be a waste of time.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 03:42:51 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: [1] 2
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: new gmod update broke metamod source « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length