Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:56 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Detective ability - Deputize
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Detective ability - Deputize  (Read 6554 times)
Copper :D
Poster

« on: October 08, 2010, 06:00:48 PM »

Detectives, ever been in a situation where someone has proven their innocence, yet they still fall prey to oversuspecting teammates? Find that no matter how many times you speak on the behalf of a friend no one seems to listen? Feeling hopeless about the ineptness of your fellow traitors? Well now there's DEPUTIZE!

Seen someone deliver the final blow to a Traitor? Award them with a DEPUTIZE and make everyone know that they are indeed the terrorist's best friend!

DEPUTIZE is easy to use, all you need to do is select the name of the player in the TAB menu, and along with the tags "Friendly, Suspect, Avoid and Kill" Detectives will be able to mark them as a Deputy, which will show up on everyone's TAB menu; making them aware that they have a new ally whom they can trust!

Not only will a Deputy be nigh-beyond suspicion, but he will also have access to the Detective's personal Teamchat, allowing Detectives and himself to communicate without the awareness of other teammates.

But be careful though, a crafty Traitor may convince a Detective that he deserves to be a Deputy!

Specifications:

A Detective has the ability to mark a player as a Deputy, which will show up on everyone's TAB menu.

A Detective may add and remove Deputies at any time.

When a person becomes a deputy, or is stripped of that rank, an announcement will appear on everyones screen.

A person will show up as a Deputy on the HUD of a player who is facing them.

DEPUTIZE is an innate Detective ability.

Uses: Allows a player who has proven his innocence to a Detective to be beyond suspicion to his teammates, acting as a second-in-command to other terrorists.

Allows a Traitor who is fortunate enough to assume the title of Deputy to play everyone against each other.

Makes the Detective someone who is more more useful than providing DNA scans and health stations.

Get your DEPUTIZE today!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:05:02 PM by Copper :D »
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 06:58:19 PM »

Sounds fun, but can be annoying with detectives randomly giving it away.
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:01:28 PM »

And out of stupidness.
Most likely it reaches the point that no one trusts this anymore.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:54 PM »

The only really use of this for TTT is probably to save an extra 1 or 2 lifes during a map cycle. Other than that, most "good" detectives, the ones that people can trust, make sure that everyone knows who is innocent. I like the idea of giving somebody access to your detective chat so I support this because it doesn't hurt.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:54:55 PM »

There should be a limit on this. I know people will spam this, so you should make come with being a detective, but have a maximum of 2 deputy's.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 11:38:42 PM »

It is a good idea, in a game like this I would like it be more communication based, so the detective needs to say he is innocent and why. That is why we have the FRIEND tag. I can also see this leading to ultra griefing and noob detectives being noob.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 01:51:55 AM »

more cons than pros
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010, 02:18:22 AM »

more cons than pros

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 11:23:10 PM »

i have to say, you do have the best ideas ive seen so far...

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 06:16:35 PM »

i have to say, you do have the best ideas ive seen so far...

this is very very true.

Nice idea with this one (unlike others you are actually throwing something out there that at least has some pros) but unless it has a spam control the idiots will come out and screw with it.

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 11:49:02 PM »

No point. A competent detective will say 'Okay, X is innocent, don't kill him'. An incompetent detective will do horrible things with this ability. It's not up to the game to make people obey the detective through the use of visual aids.
Furball
Poster

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 11:27:27 PM »

No point. A competent detective will say 'Okay, X is innocent, don't kill him'. An incompetent detective will do horrible things with this ability. It's not up to the game to make people obey the detective through the use of visual aids.

A competent detective will deputise a player and no-one but traitors will target them because they might have iunno, a green circle over them? (for example)
An imcompetent detective won't bother remembering who made a kill and later on kill them because they act "Suspcious" Or will claim theyre a traitor when they've done something like iunno, TELEPORT using a teleporter that they got from a traitor that they killed and then also stated many times that they got.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 12:17:00 AM »

Annoying ass pink shit

Stop that
A competent detective will deputise a player and no-one but traitors will target them because they might have iunno, a green circle over them? (for example)
An imcompetent detective won't bother remembering who made a kill and later on kill them because they act "Suspcious" Or will claim theyre a traitor when they've done something like iunno, TELEPORT using a teleporter that they got from a traitor that they killed and then also stated many times that they got.

It will never be very trustworthy because there are so many retarded detectives no one will care

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 12:37:58 AM »

The first time a stupid detective deputizes a traitor, all trust in the game mechanic will be broken. And the morons who kill someone the Detective said was innocent likely won't obey a green circle anyways.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 01:52:35 AM »

I pretty much kill whoever gets in my way of winning the match. I've even killed a 10 year old who didn't know how to use a DNA scanner. He was sitting there trying to scan me, while a knifed body was laying there with 10 seconds left on the DNA. So I shot him, and scanned it. I went on to win the round, and we had cake. Lots of cake...

Moral of the story.... This game mechanic wouldn't be broken if not for the 75% of the gmod community itself. Also cake is delicious.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Detective ability - Deputize « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length