Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:58:42 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Flaregunned Bodies
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Flaregunned Bodies  (Read 4333 times)
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« on: October 07, 2010, 08:34:51 AM »

Ok guys, HUMOR ASIDE, imagining this in real life.... But... I was wondering about people's thoughts on if an innocent who found a flaregunned body could put it out by hitting it with his crowbar, once of possibly three or more times. Honestly a body burns fast enough for this to not happen very often, so it isn't a nerf for the flare gun at all. It also discourages run, gun, and flare gun traitors.

I thought of it after reading that flare gunned bodies could be put out by putting them in water. I thought that's ridiculous because you would rarely find a burning body in time, unless you witnessed the traitor kill them, and flare gun them in front of you, then ignored you, and allowed you to put it in the water.

So opinions?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »

Seems good because it really isnt a big nerf, you can check the rarely found burning body for most information before it burns out.

So imo should be added if possible :p
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 01:23:16 PM »

I like it... maybe not a crowbar, but the general idea i think is very good

only thing i'd say is... if you see a burning body, you'd probably see who flared it anyway and wouldnt need the body?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:24:52 PM by Ovvenchips »

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 01:29:27 PM »

I think it would need a longer burning time to have any impact (at least 10 secs instead of 5).

I don't think I'll do any more traitor-disadvantaging features for a while though.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:02:29 AM »

I think, instead of completely destroying the body, it turns the model into that hl2 burnt body model and you can't identify it or see how they died. Same as old flare-gun except instead of the model disappearing its replaced with a hl2 burt body model.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »

I think you worded that wrong or I'm reading it wrong, because are you suggesting taking away the flare guns best ability?

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »

I think it would need a longer burning time to have any impact (at least 10 secs instead of 5).

I don't think I'll do any more traitor-disadvantaging features for a while though.

This longer burn time would work if you locked out the identify ability while the body is on fire.
As of now when a body is on fire and I'm near it, I press the identify key and run after the traitor. Forcing you to actually try and extinguish it wouldn't necessarily be a disadvantage for the traitor, seeing as it leaves you open for enemy fire and gives the traitor a chance to run away while you extinguish the body.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

That's a good idea. I actually thought about that. Some might just barrel roll after the traitor, but then if they fail, they've lost two people they could of identified.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Flaregunned Bodies « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length