Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestion for Detective
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggestion for Detective  (Read 3809 times)
Kaj
Poster

« on: October 05, 2010, 11:59:14 PM »

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested or not, or if it's in the wrong place, but I felt that I needed to share this idea with the devs.

I had an idea for a Detective Item: Handcuffs. You only get one pair, and they are reuseable. If a/the Detective dies while someone is cuffed, someone can pick up the keys and take the cuffs off of the cuffed player, receiving the handcuffs themselves. If a cuffed player dies, only the player with the key can take the cuffs from the dead.

A cuffed player can not use ANY weapons, OR the USE key and is basically holstered.

This could be good against anyone who is resisting 'Ammo Checks' or 'Testing Chambers'

So discuss amongst yourselves. If its already been suggested, sorry for resurrecting a possibly dead idea, if it wasn't, then woohoo!
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »

This has indeed been suggested before. I believe the general consensus was "it isn't horrible but isn't very good either."

I think.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:07:57 AM »

It was suggested. I called them grief cuffs, I can't remember what everyone else said. Basically what killroy said, not bad, but not good enough.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:14:56 AM »

It is not a bad idea it would be useful when in the correct hands sadly there is a problem where detectives are not always clever enough with such power. you see with the DNA scanner thats fine as it does not directly effect actions of other players where this would create such a problem.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:31:27 PM »

yeah, i see what youre trying to do... but i could see some serious frustration kicking off if people stop the people they hate from having weapons for a whole round

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »

Maybe only restricts them from using a primary? And you have to both stand still and wait 7 seconds for it to handcuff the person?
Either way, I don't think this is really needed.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestion for Detective « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length