Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:08:03 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: dod weapons in ttt server?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dod weapons in ttt server?  (Read 7965 times)
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« on: October 03, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »

hey sorry to bother you with this newby question, though i just want to know,

i saw a server using the old weapons in TTT ,
i would like to make it possible to like but some of the rifles in there, like the 45. cal old rifle  onto the server,
then when people use the RTD  with a chance of gettign that gun,  with out they have to got the content of the full download,  , just the parts they download when they join the server,

is this in anyway possible?
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »

then when people use the RTD  with a chance of gettign that gun,  with out they have to got the content of the full download

What fuck the?

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

Re-state your question using proper grammar. Please.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 05:17:49 AM »

hey sorry to bother you with this newby question, though i just want to know,

i saw a server using the old weapons in TTT ,
i would like to make it possible to like but some of the rifles in there, like the 45. cal old rifle  onto the server,
then when people use the RTD  with a chance of gettign that gun,  with out they have to got the content of the full download,  , just the parts they download when they join the server,

is this in anyway possible?

I think I have dechipered the code!

Greetings Gentlemen,

I request that my server be equipped with thou weapons from the war simulation game, Day of Defeat: Source. Although there is a predicament, not all the gentlemanly visitors actually own the game, and I require intellectual assitence from you.

Is there any way to get the aforementioned weapons to work in conjunction with the server modication RTD (Roll the Dice) and they only have to download the models and textures, but not buy the war simulator?

Danke
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »

No, that's why you have to buy the game instead of Garry integrating every Source game's resources with GMod.

Signature Pending...
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2010, 03:25:01 PM »

lol guys, sorry for my bad english

uhm i actually ment other weapons not from day of defeat uhm
from the mad cows weapon pack,
they work on my computer i dont own DoD , only the DoD weapons dont work, the others do,
i hope you can read it better now just try it,
i just need to know how i can put them in TTT  that people se them in game, with out they have to download the addon from garrysmod.org

is that possible, to put a addon on ther server, they dont have to download manually on internet, but automaticcly from the server.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 04:25:06 PM »

Yes, its possible to add an addon on the server, and have the client download it. You can do this by "resource.AddFile".
This allows you to basically add files to the resource cache that the client has to download.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

ok i put that in the gmod thing or?
in the top of the !rtd lua file ?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 07:42:29 PM »

Okay, simmer, go to your servers FTP control panel. Or if it's on your computer, open the server's "garrysmod" folder. Go to "lua", after that, go to "autorun." If there isn't an autorun folder in lua, create it. Then in autorun, make a folder called "server" if there isn't one already.

Go to made cow's weapon pack, on garrysmod.org, and hit "View Contents."
Copy everything that starts with "contents/." Then, paste all that into notepad.
After that is done, delete the addon name and contents. so what looked like "addons/mad cows weapons pack/content/materials/coolgun/coolgun.vtf" will now be "materials/coolgun/coolgun.vtf"

This will take some time, but just do this for awhile with every line of that. If it is not a file type, as in it's just a folder in the list of things, delete that line.

For resource.AddFile, let us say you have everything finished and all the weapons are in your notepad file. Now infront of "materials/" or "models/", either one (You will be doing this for ALL the things you have on the notepad file), put
resource.AddFile("
infront of it. Then after it, put
");

So to download materials/coolgun/coolgun.vtf, it would look like
resource.AddFile("materials/coolgun/coolgun.vtf");

Then you do the same with the next line of materials/models.

After doing everything, click "save as" and save it anywhere. At the bottom there are two options. The name of the file, and the type. Click the arrow on the ".txt" file type, so it should have another option. Change ".txt" to "All File Types", then name it "download.lua"

After that, drag and drop that file into your servers "lua/autorun/server" and restart the server. Now anyone without those files will download them upon joining.
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »

sorry but i cant find content in any of the lines they all look liek this do i just skip that content part and start with materials ?

garrysmod/addons/mad cows weapons/lua/weapons/weapon_mad_glock/

se no content thingy ( this with every line not only weapons, also sounds, and  materials etc)

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=87297

Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 06:52:34 PM »

Yes, just do the materials. I'm not going to grantee it will with will Mad Cow's, seeing as he probably just used the dod:s view and world models, but you can give it a try.

Anything with lua you don't have to resource.AddFile, since it is already being sent to the client.
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

ok well im makign a back up of my seer files right now so when i have time i can try as much as i want with out the danger of  permanent  server crash:p

thanks for you help ill try this,

maybe you know any other mod,
that i might be able to use the way u explained?
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:54 PM »

or even better, cant i just use the Cs:s weapons bcus TTT already needs Cs:s installed to be played, cant i just put in rtd like:

elseif ( choice == 8 ) then
ply:Give( "weapon_" )  <-- maybe p90? what is the p90 name in cs:s?
ply:GiveAmmo(60, "" )  <-- p90 ammo is smg_1?

return "Received a  gun!"
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 08:59:19 PM »

Copy and paste the whole code, using
tags. And yes, from the looks of it I think you can.
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 05:38:32 PM »

ok i just need to know, would the standart gmod iron sight position work in ttt?

the tmp iron sight is:
SWEP.IronSightsPos 		= Vector( 5.3, -3, 2.6 )

will this be same in ttt or will i have to edit it?
then again, are this:  X , Y , Z    or    Z   ,  X , Y

bcus when i grab the gun, the iron sight isnt right, untill you shoot one bullet then its ok but  if u grab it again its wrong again untill u shoot, why ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:18:57 PM by simmerdown »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 06:21:37 PM »

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=29787
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 08:00:33 PM »

i mean, i got it in game, that the iron sight looks the wrong way, but when you shoot one bullet it looks the right way,
why?  whats wrong with my code
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 10:13:55 PM »

Sounds like the gun animation. Certain guns have shooting animations that move the model to a slightly different idle position. The silenced pistol has it a little bit as well. Your choices are: 1) use a different model, 2) ignore it, or 3) position it such that it's not as obvious (like just making the player sort of look over the barrel rather than through the sights).
simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »

SWEP.IronSightsPos = Vector( 5.3, -2.3, 2.6 )
SWEP.IronSightsAng = Vector(-0.4, -0, 0.9) 

i dont this with the iron sight thing that mr gash told me,
but when i place this code into that ttt file
and i restart server,  i try the iron sight, it still  starts  left/ bad rolled, bad iron, until lyou shoot once, and then it goes to the position, but not the position i wanted it to do with this code, like i did in the iron sight editor thing
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:04:13 PM by simmerdown »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: dod weapons in ttt server? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length