Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:47:59 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_iceresearch_rc4
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_iceresearch_rc4  (Read 6662 times)
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« on: October 02, 2010, 03:34:31 PM »

I made this map a couple of months ago, but I deserted it after its second release candidate. Now I decided to improve it and fix the bugs and here it is, a still pretty horrid map! When I made this I was very inspired by Notary's great map ttt_thething when I first made it. I think of my map to be a spinoff off it.

Download it on ToyBox or here:

New in RC3:
*Improved skybox
*More optimized
*Uses the new mapping entity ttt_damageowner, to find out who used the different traps in the logs and with karma. This prevents RDM using the traps.
*AFK prevention system by killing the ship and whoever's in it some time after round start
*Widened the water hole entrance
*You can no longer get outside the fences
*Lots of other fixes and improvements

New in RC4:
*Shortened name of map, previously ttt_iceresarchlabs
*Longer timer on the ship door
*Outside area displaced for curvier and better looks
*A beamer instead of a ladder under the ship
*Added a sniper tower
*Instead of uninspired, random cargo containers, there's now some objects scattered around the map!
*Tester area geometry improved
*Traitor tester no longer instant. Now takes a minute to retest
*Water tower is no longer filled with water. When the door to it is shut now, the people inside will be frozen to death instead of drowned
*Various other fixes/improvements
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 10:38:42 PM by Fuffe »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

People on NNJG mostly love it, and I am one of those people.
It's a little "blocky", but still fun. You should make something to stop people closing/opening the door to get the cubes for the tester though, most kills from that are usually innocent.. Maybe make it cost you a credit to close it, for v15?
And if a detective gets trapped in the scanned without the cubes, and he starts to drown, he can spawn a health station. Get 1 hp from that and he'll live. I ended up dying as a traitor because I didn't have a weapon and tried to drown the detective. Didn't know he had a credit :( I was the last traitor, too.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

People on NNJG mostly love it, and I am one of those people.
It's a little "blocky", but still fun. You should make something to stop people closing/opening the door to get the cubes for the tester though, most kills from that are usually innocent.. Maybe make it cost you a credit to close it, for v15?
And if a detective gets trapped in the scanned without the cubes, and he starts to drown, he can spawn a health station. Get 1 hp from that and he'll live. I ended up dying as a traitor because I didn't have a weapon and tried to drown the detective. Didn't know he had a credit :( I was the last traitor, too.

Thanks for the input! I agree that it is a bit blocky, but this version was mostly to fix the major bugs and optimize it. For the next version I plan to make it better looking!

About the water tower, the water starts to hurt the people in it instantly and with more damage when the door is closed. It also tracks who closed the door, so if an innocent pressed it he will lose karma and it will also get printed in the event log. I will have to think about the credit cost though.
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 11:41:58 PM »

Hey one problem with this map is the tester. People frequently ask you to go in before the cubes have been placed because they are new to the map, but if you go in the water will end up killing you. So maybe there could be an indicator light/message that shows whether it is on or off. Also, the buttons should be labeled, because people will frequently kill innocents with water even when they are trying to let them out.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 12:03:32 AM »

Hey one problem with this map is the tester. People frequently ask you to go in before the cubes have been placed because they are new to the map, but if you go in the water will end up killing you. So maybe there could be an indicator light/message that shows whether it is on or off. Also, the buttons should be labeled, because people will frequently kill innocents with water even when they are trying to let them out.

This has all been fixed in rc3. If the cubes are not inserted, the room is black and none of the buttons work.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 02:30:07 AM »

Do not kill whoever is in the ship at the start of the round, this is terrible. People are afk for a minute sometimes. (Actually, I died just now typing this out.)
Also there is way to much stuff that isn't explained well that instantly kills you, like how pretty much any of the water areas instakill you.
The map looks bland with all the crates that look out of place and don't make any sense being there. Why would there be empty cargo crates scattered around?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 02:42:21 AM »

Why would there be empty cargo crates scattered around?

Because it looks cool.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 03:18:38 AM »

Do not kill whoever is in the ship at the start of the round, this is terrible. People are afk for a minute sometimes. (Actually, I died just now typing this out.)
Also there is way to much stuff that isn't explained well that instantly kills you, like how pretty much any of the water areas instakill you.
The map looks bland with all the crates that look out of place and don't make any sense being there. Why would there be empty cargo crates scattered around?

I will take all of this into consideration, thanks!
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »

Because it looks cool.

It doesn't. It looks bland and out of place, that area could be filled with some actual interesting geometry or props.
StormX
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 08:18:28 PM »

It doesn't. It looks bland and out of place, that area could be filled with some actual interesting geometry or props.

Supply drop.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 08:49:39 PM »

Supply drop.

Just a stupid excuse for lazy map making.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 08:27:02 AM »

*You can no longer get outside the fences

What about no-clip :D HAX!!!!!

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 04:07:23 PM »

Just a stupid excuse for lazy map making.

Well, it's not untrue what you're saying, but RC3 was meant as an optimized and fixed version of RC2, which was pretty buggy and not very good in my opinion. The cargo containers were meant to be temporary fillers and will of course be removed in the next release.
Fuffe
Poster

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »

Map updated! Changes in first post.
JoshJosh117
Poster

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »

This is getting much better. I'm sure your next map (if you make one) will be 1000x better than the first rcs of this one. I'll post any bugs I find.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_iceresearch_rc4 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length