Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:57:50 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: C4 Issues - Part 2
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C4 Issues - Part 2  (Read 5730 times)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« on: September 29, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

I should have kept my hands shut, because last time I suggested something for C4, it actually happened, leading to my favourite weapon being worse off D:.

Okay, just a few issues I want to raise:

1: I think that C4 is a little too loud. I try to set to 2-4 minutes, but I can still hear it clearly nearby in the places I place it. I have to place it for such a long period of time that either the terrorists are are all dead or I am dead.
2. The Beeping is really annoying, takes the whole atmostphere of C4 away. Oh its not beeping very fast, therefore just mess around, it won't go off soon... (except when you are like OMG ITS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!11!one!).

Suggestions:

C4 No longer beeps faster over time, instead, beeps louder. Also decrease the sound by 35% (+- 15%)

Reasons:

"Oh its not very loud, must have just been set (BOOM!)". Nope, it was just set ages ago. The louder it is, the more of a threat it is, but it can be very soft and still a dire threat.

Sound decreased by 25% or Sound is decreased at a larger rate, so 2 minutes is soft enough for general use

Reasons:

I fail at C4, therefore the game should accommodate my skill (or lack thereof). In all seriousness I think it is too loud currently and I don't think I am the only one with this problem.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »

You dun goofed. I'll do some experimenting to see if I can make myself rage using c4 though, if it makes you feel any better.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:03:55 PM »

I fail at C4, therefore the game should accommodate my skill (or lack thereof). In all seriousness I think it is too loud currently and I don't think I am the only one with this problem.

Stupid reason.
C4 is just fine as it is right now, making it louder over time defeats the purpose of it getting quieter the longer you set it.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:40:24 PM »

Perhaps only make it beep louder when you attempt to disarm it.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:10:26 PM »

Its balanced, at present even with an unskilled c4 you are likely to kill 1 innocent... Thats 2 more for you too kill and you have hit your traitor target.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 01:45:02 AM »

Stupid reason.
C4 is just fine as it is right now, making it louder over time defeats the purpose of it getting quieter the longer you set it.

You see, it's called a joke? You see where I said In all seriousness? That implies I was not being serious at all, I am so sorry I should use smaller words.....

I have yet to see any effective C4 explosions set by anyone on my server ( and more importantly by me). The only time my C4s are not found is when I set them for 4 minutes, which by that time I am either dead, or we have won or lost by out of time.

Can Bad King provide some statistics of the sound, how far it travels based on time or something?

Edit: [RAGE] Just planted it on TTT_Bank and the guy heard it (was planted for 3 minutes) and the guy heard it from the bottom of the elevator (or so it seemed)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:08:37 AM by Rectal Exambot »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 05:44:54 PM »

The only statistics I have would come from flat out testing (start SP game, plant C4 on gm_flatgrass, walk away until out of sound range, disarm bomb and re-arm with different time). Everyone can do this, and if they do then I don't have to spend time on it that I could spend on more useful things.
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 12:26:24 AM »

You see, it's called a joke? You see where I said In all seriousness? That implies I was not being serious at all, I am so sorry I should use smaller words.....

Haha way to be a total dick because sarcasm is impossible to represent on the internet.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 12:31:59 AM »

Haha way to be a total dick because sarcasm is impossible to represent on the internet.

No it isn't.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 12:43:18 AM »

It's very hard though, at times, I'll have to admit. At least in text.

DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 12:50:35 AM »

No it isn't.

yes it is

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 01:44:45 AM »

yes it is

:)

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 01:51:33 AM »

:)

:disgust:

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: C4 Issues - Part 2 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length