Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:57:39 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestions That Aren't From Ragers
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Suggestions That Aren't From Ragers  (Read 5252 times)
SomesOfNemo
Poster

« on: September 27, 2010, 02:31:23 AM »

I was watching that latest episode of family guy, which was pretty lame.
Anyways, I had an idea for a one use item that would prevent DNA for one kill. Something like maybe 'The White Glove'. The knife would steal be there though, because the existence of a glove would not alter the existence of a knife? And perhaps when a detective scanned it, it would notify them of the glove.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 02:38:29 AM »

Adds un-needed complexity to the game...

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 02:50:24 AM »

The DNA aspect made the knife balanced, don't try to ruin good things.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 03:06:33 AM »

The DNA aspect made the knife balanced, don't try to ruin good things.

At the same time, with this idea you are looking at two points being invested into a single kill.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:45 AM »

Why not get a flaregun? And stop the DNA of 4 kills? As well as being a chaos causing gun?
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 07:10:51 AM »

So this is a suggestion thread?  In that case can the teleporter be made a default item for traitors?  If so, make the telepoter a one time use item.   I hardly see it used, and that makes me a sad panda. 
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 01:14:23 PM »

So this is a suggestion thread?  In that case can the teleporter be made a default item for traitors?  If so, make the telepoter a one time use item.   I hardly see it used, and that makes me a sad panda.  

I find the teleporter one of the most useful traitor items, shooting and teleporting about causes mass panic.
The only traitor item I find pretty useless or is only useful on a handful of maps would be the newton launcher.

The radio seems to have lost some favor as well but is still a great item if used well.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 02:35:39 PM »

So this is a suggestion thread?  In that case can the teleporter be made a default item for traitors?  If so, make the telepoter a one time use item.  I hardly see it used, and that makes me a sad panda. 

I read all threads, so you can consider this a suggestion thread.

I'm planning to split traitor equipment over two slots, a primary and secondary piece of traitor equipment so to speak. The secondary slot would be more situational things like newton/polter/radio. Not having to pick these things over C4/knife/silenced would make them an easier buy, I think.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 09:31:27 AM »

basically like the detective?

He gets his DNA scanner in slot 8, it being secondary equipment, and he can buy a primary equipment from the menu

Right?

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:30:41 AM »

As of now, I'm curious to know if detective equipment is currently separated on an entirely different slot if you plan on implementing a primary and secondary slot?
This would prevent detectives from asking suspicious innocents to pick up a detective item which would reveal their identity as traitor.

Again, I'm not too sure if this has already been taken care of. I just thought I might offer the suggestion anyways.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35:50 AM »

DNA scanner is on slot 8. Traitor weapons are on slot 7. So you can pick it up while having a traitor weapon.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 11:45:36 AM »

It would be a little like the DNA scanner, yes.

Moving detective equipment into separate slots has me running out of numbers. I suppose 0 is available as well... So 7+8 for traitor weapons and 9+0 for detective could work (where 0 would be the scanner).

It doesn't solve the case where innocents who have found a traitor weapon use it for such a "pick up test" though. Perhaps when a traitor/detective tries to pick up a equipment weapon for which the slot is full, he should get the choice of destroying the weapon he is carrying and replacing it with the one he picks up? He would lose his own weapon, but at least he wouldn't get found out.

late edit:
Just realized you can already destroy your traitor equipment with a button in the buy menu.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 05:32:51 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Suggestions That Aren't From Ragers « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length