Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:10:22 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Motion: To Disallow server advertising
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Motion: To Disallow server advertising  (Read 7826 times)
bigbadboo
Poster

« on: September 20, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »

I propose that all server advertising be removed and disallowed from the forum. There is an advertising section on the facepunch forum for such a purpose. This forum should be for serious Terror Town business or help.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »

How are we going to find other servers if we never see them?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »

How are we going to find other servers if we never see them?

1) Load Gmod -> Search for terrortown servers
2) Look on facepunch for server advertising.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »

To what end? You can easily skip the few threads about servers in this section, its not like its filled with hundreds of new threads on a daily basis.
This section is just fine and dandy if you ask me, nothing needs to be changed.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:31:57 PM »

Or maybe just create a subforum for servers, if BKU finds it to be a big deal.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 01:17:57 PM »

A sub forum would be a good idea. But its not like theres hundreds of server threads.

I dont really want to go to facepunch to look for servers. I only play on 1 anyways.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 07:16:55 PM »

TTT is serious business. Anyways, there isn't enough server advertising to make a sub thread. If it bugs you that much, then I think that's more so a personal problem.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:59 PM »

Make a topic. Allow them to advertise their new servers only in that post.  Sticky it.  Call it a day.

That is my opinion/idea.

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 12:46:10 AM »

+support

But I think you're only doing this so your server doesn't lose people by someone seeing other servers here, but still. It gets annoying seeing spam of new servers when there are empty ones that people can go on that need people.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 09:45:10 AM »

Or maybe just create a subforum for servers, if BKU finds it to be a big deal.

This.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:08:08 AM »

The fact that many server threads get only about a hundred views and very few posts (not counting the threads with custom content complaining) makes me more inclined to disallow it than to make a separate section for it. The type of thread just doesn't seem particularly effective. Even at facepunch, which has far more people than this place, practically no one views the server advertisement section.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:19:44 PM »

Even at facepunch, which has far more people than this place, practically no one views the server advertisement section.

I disagree. My server's thread has about 3,000 views, and it's a really good way to get feedback when I don't have any forums.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 08:39:05 PM »

All the threads have similar responses and either start an epic flame war or simple fade away with no views. Nothing is added to the forums value by keeping them, especially as most are bumped every month by the server owners adding some new VIP system, or some new buy admin system.

I disagree. My server's thread has about 3,000 views, and it's a really good way to get feedback when I don't have any forums.

Thats facepunch, also create a forum. You can do so for free nowadays.
thelastlambda
Poster

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »

Thats why just make a sticky (like I said and allow you to post your server ip, name and a small snippit of why its good (and if its not vanilla why it blows...)

Over 25 maps Rearmed for TTT
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 01:21:33 AM »

You guys are forgetting that there's more than just server ad threads that are this way. To be honest I can link you to more non-server ad threads that invoke flaming, get little to no posts, and have similar responses, than server ad threads. So to scapegoat a small minority seems pointless when 75% of threads are like that. I support a sticky or a sub forum if you really think it's necessary. Don't really care either way, just putting facts to light. :3

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Motion: To Disallow server advertising « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length