Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:47 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Inspiration for a map.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Inspiration for a map.  (Read 6389 times)
coleman409
Poster

« on: September 19, 2010, 05:58:58 PM »

I was inspired, but I'm afraid I cannot map effectively enough. Perhaps someone else will find inspiration in this.
Mausnell.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:10:26 PM »

Oh wow, that WOULD be good.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »

Someone bribe a Valve worker to make this.

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 08:43:27 PM »

Knowing valve it would take one year

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 11:32:23 PM »

Knowing valve it would take one year

In Valve time too
Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 03:48:45 AM »

I actually started a map based on those forts for l4d. Didn't get that far, but I did manage to whip up the basic structure.

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 04:17:01 AM »

Hm, reminds me of MGS2 in a way.  Seems like a good idea for a TTT map, hope someone makes it!

Signature Pending...
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 04:48:53 AM »

Ignorant people will just call it a shitty equilibre. I'm thinking an underwater complex to connect them all, or else there would be camping. People will indeed call it a MGS2 map. xD

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 06:56:03 AM »

It reminds me more of Myst. Thanks for linking it, great pictures. As a TTT map, I agree it would need a lot of walkways or other connections between the towers, which could ruin the look of it.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 07:10:51 AM »

Make the supports destructible by c4 ;D

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 11:38:23 AM »

That greatly reminds me of Metal Gear Solid 2. I've actually already had a full size picture of one of the forts in my inspiration folder, would be pretty sweet if someone made a map based on this or the MGS2 "version" of it.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 01:19:32 PM »

It reminds me more of Myst. Thanks for linking it, great pictures. As a TTT map, I agree it would need a lot of walkways or other connections between the towers, which could ruin the look of it.

Myst? I can't really see this in Myst/UrU...

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

I don't know about URU, but in the early Myst games you're constantly on isolated, weird structures, either on an island or simply at sea. I could easily see a puzzle where you have to meddle with devices in each tower, travelling between them over walkways (and that particular setup is certainly everywhere in Myst). Just the vibe I got from it.
coleman409
Poster

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 09:54:11 PM »

I don't know about URU, but in the early Myst games you're constantly on isolated, weird structures, either on an island or simply at sea. I could easily see a puzzle where you have to meddle with devices in each tower, travelling between them over walkways (and that particular setup is certainly everywhere in Myst). Just the vibe I got from it.

Yeah, I see what you're talking about. Reminiscent of This and maybe this.

I think it would belong more in Riven though, Gehns contraptions gave Riven a more industrial feel than Myst.

Edit: addressing walkways, underwater passages could be done.  Walkways would work if they were made right. The walkways shown in the article fit the structure well but probably wouldn't work so well from a gameplay standpoint. There would be too much scout camping. A boat  (similar to the one in the one large boat map with the smaller boat that circles it) could work, but I think underwater concrete passages would probably be the best aesthetically. Even the concrete passages could be a really cool addition given the right lighting. The whole thing looks much more surreal without visual connections.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 10:00:17 PM by coleman409 »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Inspiration for a map. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length