Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:17:53 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: GZGamers.net | Trouble in Terrorist Town Server | FastDL
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: GZGamers.net | Trouble in Terrorist Town Server | FastDL  (Read 4561 times)
DevilHunterXT
Poster

« on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forums, and thought this would make for a great first post.

We've started a new server for TTT under our group =GZG=, (Join our forums at GZGamers.net.) and have already had a steady stream of 12 - 16 players at a time, and hit the mid twenties every so often.

Our rules on RDM'ing are strict and lenient at the same time. People get auto banned for a couple of hours if their Karma goes below 100, and aside from that we have plenty of mature (one or two quirky ones) admins that try their best to listen to the players and take action when necessary. We have a rule where a person sits out a round if they clearly RDM another, and are welcomed back to play the next with a clean slate.

Our server rotates between most CSS and quite a few TTT/ZM maps. (of course a manual voting mode is there as well when needed)
We have some plans for customizing the game code a bit to accommodate larger groups of players at once. (24+)
We've got a solid player base and are always looking for more players and more mature players to be admins.
(We do not by any means sell admin.)

Hope to see you on there sometime and on our forums and possibly provide us with feedback on how things are going and what you might have gripes about.

Happy Hunting!

208.43.252.30 - =GZG= | Trouble in Terrorist Town | 24/7 | Fast DL | NoScripts

*Edit : Fixed the typos  :o*
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:33:28 PM by DevilHunterXT »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:37 PM »

Below 100 karma, whut! It should be at least 400.
About 20 people can be rdmed before karma goes below 100.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
DevilHunterXT
Poster

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:36:18 PM »

The system has been made so that RDM'ing causes greater Karma loss (because we want the damage reduction penalty) The number of people that get killed remains the same but the damage penalty for even killing one person is greater. (However, having a clean round gives you a nice boost as well as shooting or killing Traitors).
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:41:53 PM »

24+ slots seems a bit extreme.
Most server owners with half a brain don't go over 20 for obvious reasons.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
DevilHunterXT
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 10:49:07 PM »

I guess I am missing that part  :(

I wanted to try something different, and possibly accommodate for change in a new direction. :)

Everyone has their own preferences that's what the favorites menu is for. We generally don't ever hit more than 22 though.

I do understand your position, I just humbly disagree that the limit should be 20. (To each their own)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 10:56:41 PM »

I'm not sayingthat the limit should be 20 it just seems logical sue to issues with small maps, microphone spam, etc.

It's incredibly hard to play the game where you're constantly hounded by 5 people, all screaming down their microphones, you can't tell who's who, which is the main idea of the game, to find the traitors before they kill you. This isn't easy in an environment swarmed by players. On servers such as these I personally wouldn't play on.

DevilHunterXT
Poster

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »

The MIC spam issue, we're trying to solve by not allowing the mic to be on for more then a set duration, and having set cool downs before the mic can be used again.

Something we thought would be worth trying out is radio range (or mic range) so that only people within a certain range can actually hear your mic. (Though we haven't thought this one through fully.)
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 12:48:14 AM »

DevilHunter, both those things (mic recharge like flashlight) and voice that fades out over distance are already in TTT.
DevilHunterXT
Poster

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 01:13:13 AM »

You sir are a Godsend!!!!

*Plays hallelujah sounds.*

Well that pretty much takes care of everything, BadKing you are a Genius!!
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: GZGamers.net | Trouble in Terrorist Town Server | FastDL « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length