Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Huge glitch with karma system.
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Huge glitch with karma system.  (Read 4523 times)
AttackingHobo
Poster

« on: September 07, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »

Karma is based on damage done, and for the most part, it works out fine.

But what does not work out fine is how the damage is converted into karma.

It counts all damage done to your team and reduces your karma a certain amount per damage.(not entirely sure of the ratio).

But here is the thing that is messed up, it counts ALL damage including the overkill damage.

So if you headshot an inocent with a deagle or rifle, instead of losing karma for 100 life points, you loose karma for exactly how much damage you did.

I once killed 2 traitors, and then the detective and remaining traitor were fighting, I shot at the traitor and my first shot hit an explosive barrel that killed them both. I didn't mean to kill the detective, but I did kill him, so I would expect some karma loss. Instead I went from full karma to 150 karma, or 10 karma. All I know is that next round I KNEW someone was a traitor and I shot him in the face with two clips of MAC 10 fire, and could not kill him. I was then banned after that because they thought I was RDMing really badly.

I think most people would agree that you should not be further penalized for damage over 100 per person.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 11:24:23 PM »

I don't think it works like this, I stabbed an innocent (while innocent) for 2000 damage, by what you just said I should have been VAC'd let alone Karma Banned
Scrap.est
Poster

Gigglfarting

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 12:00:45 AM »

I don't think it works like this, I stabbed an innocent (while innocent) for 2000 damage, by what you just said I should have been VAC'd let alone Karma Banned

What? VAC scans for known cheats in DLL files.

The faster they fester the quicker they muster.
dude I am in the gifted program. I am probably more intelligent than you hell I am more intelligent than you. Come one you and 90% of the ZM forum are trolls
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 12:14:14 AM »

It's a joke, Scrap.

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
-Mythic-
Build Tester

Dangerous like a fire in a nursing home.

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »

Oh, how delightfully embarrassing!

<br />You post on a forum where one person openly admits to stalking two people and is possibly a pedophile, a Sinophobe who constantly refers to himself in third person, and a Canadian.<br />
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 12:25:04 PM »

But here is the thing that is messed up, it counts ALL damage including the overkill damage.

No, it does not.

In somewhat technical terms: It looks at the victim's health and the damage done, and takes the smaller value. Hence, if you damage a 100hp player with 2000 damage, you are punished for 100 damage, because 2000 > 100. If you shoot a 100hp player for 20 damage, you are punished for 20 because 100 > 20.
The line of code in question:
   local hurt_amount = math.min(victim:Health(), dmginfo:GetDamage())

Perhaps the server you were playing on has meddled with the karma convars, making the kill penalty very high for example.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Huge glitch with karma system. « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length