Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:02:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: C4 additional ideas
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: C4 additional ideas  (Read 6813 times)
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« on: September 05, 2010, 03:33:26 AM »

Currently a traitor can set the C4 for say, a minute, and a random innocent can do multiple things to that C4.

1. Tell everyone to 'Leg it'
2. Tell everyone to 'Leg it' then attempt to disarm it
3. Attempt to disarm it, killing everyone within range
4. Attempt to disarm it, and save everyone

I suggest one of the following. If you failed to disarm a C4 that triggers an explosion you should (pick a couple)

A) Get an (de)achievement at the end
B) Change the logs to say that you helped kill everyone by failing (lets admins banhammer them for being stupid)
C) Lose Karma (based on how many times you failed to disarm it)

Sometimes the detective can get C4, and plants it for 10 minutes so no one can use it, or die from it. But raises some problems, some idiots attempt to disarm it, and after getting it wrong a few times the C4 kills everyone around.  This happened the other night and since it killed 5 people the player got Karma banned (I heartly chuckled at that), but the person who set it off got away scot free (if you call dieing scot free.

Additional:

This may be stupid, but I think that if someone uses the %name IS A TRAITOR! more than once on the same person, when another player kills the 'traitorous' player, if he was innocent the karma loss should be split between the killer and the traitor caller.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 06:28:26 AM »

"B) Change the logs to say that you helped kill everyone by failing (lets admins banhammer them for being stupid)"
More like use ban hammer on the players who were to stupid too run or pay attention to mic or chat, due to them mic\chat spamming.

Seriously 90% of all C4 related deaths would be avoided if they shut the heck up and paid attention every few seconds :)
Mind you not as bad as last week when I had 3 dead traitors demanding I ban the 4th Traitor for RDM.... guess they could not see that C4 icon....and time.....and distance....*sigh*
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 06:31:51 AM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »

tl;dr @ Ryan

Or not plant C4 as a detective, it's a traitor weapon used to kill people. Why in the world would a detective need it?
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 09:24:56 PM »

tl;dr @ Ryan

Or not plant C4 as a detective, it's a traitor weapon used to kill people. Why in the world would a detective need it?

Because idiots/minges play this game, which is one of the reasons karma exsist.

But idiot people plant C4 for 10 minutes so it won't go off because they trust no one, and need another slot.

Imo detectives should get a traitor and detective slot.
AttackingHobo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 09:26:20 PM »

Detectives do it so when the detective dies, the traitor does not get a free C4. If I find a C4 I tell everyone that I am planting it on the corner of the map and to tell everyone to stay away.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 12:28:33 PM »

Perhaps there should be a "destroy" button in the C4's menu. Can anyone think of a downside of this?

edit: I don't mean a penalty for the player who destroys it, but rather a downside as in: a way this could be abused.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:53:36 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 12:42:11 PM »

You loose 60% of your life in the process >:)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 01:32:48 PM »

Be fun (and probably a bit dumb) if there was a "cut the wires" minigame where if you fail you blow up. Not a c4 sized explosion, just you and no possibility to harm others.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:06:07 AM »

I think it should be destroyed, in many maps you can throw them into unreachable areas, it offers no legitimate downsides since you can do it on most maps anyway.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 11:39:50 PM »

I think it should be destroyed, in many maps you can throw them into unreachable areas, it offers no legitimate downsides since you can do it on most maps anyway.

Then its the maps fault and shouldn't be on the server...?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 07:03:06 AM »

Then its the maps fault and shouldn't be on the server...?

Yes, we should remove Assault, Lost Temple, Enclave, Compound....
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:04:16 AM by Rectal Exambot »
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2010, 03:56:35 AM »

mmm I have an idea for a detective weapon. A weapon that can destroy guns and equipment (i.e c4). So you put the C4 on the ground and shoot and it evaporates.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2010, 06:38:08 AM »

mmm I have an idea for a detective weapon. A weapon that can destroy guns and equipment (i.e c4). So you put the C4 on the ground and shoot and it evaporates.

Seems pointless, many maps (I will assume 50%) have a way you can just through them ouf of the map, and that credit is better spent on a radar.

Also I can see this happening alot

"OMG LET ME GET DNA"

*Drops*

*Shoots*

"HURP DERP I KILLED IT LOL"
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2010, 07:51:31 AM »

lol :D good point

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Sly
Poster

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2010, 09:00:40 PM »

Make it so that Detectives can destroy C4's?

If innocents can do it, you'll have people destroying C4 to help the traitor get away.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »

Make it so that Detectives can destroy C4's?

If innocents can do it, you'll have people destroying C4 to help the traitor get away.

If they want to antagonize, why not just pick it up and carry it as a weapon? Then when a traitor kills you, he even gets a free C4. It's no use trying to prevent that kind of behaviour by limiting this particular ability.

The current state of things is everyone can destroy a C4 that's not armed.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: C4 additional ideas « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length