Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:11:35 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Look what i found badking :(
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Look what i found badking :(  (Read 6945 times)
mattse123
Poster

« on: August 30, 2010, 01:28:48 PM »

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=108745 on this link is an aimbot/wallhack for ttt and i would like to notify bad king urgain so then he can make the aimbot not work or something i dont know :P but yes so if you think someone is hacking on ttt their probably using this. >:( >:( >:(
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:54:47 PM »

If someone manages to bypass ScriptEnforcer, they can do anything they want, and I can't do anything to stop it.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:55:28 PM »

FILE NOT FOUND :D

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 03:17:27 AM »

If someone manages to bypass ScriptEnforcer, they can do anything they want, and I can't do anything to stop it.

Not completely true....

You could always take law into your own hands....
LeftHandedMoth
Poster

Minister of Umbrellas.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »

And what? Hope he'll turn into Jackie Chan so he can Kung Fu kick the bastard's ass!?

Dude you mumble a lot.

Fuck you.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:44:10 AM »

I thought the latest version of baconbot had TTT specific hacks?

People will always find ways to hack in TT, it is the server owners job to prevent this as much as possible not just BKU's.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:22:56 AM »

I believe it should be BKU's duty to take a sledgehammer and painstakingly track down every single Gmod hacker in the world. That'll learn 'em good.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »

I thought the latest version of baconbot had TTT specific hacks?

People will always find ways to hack in TT, it is the server owners job to prevent this as much as possible not just BKU's.

The only thing bbot does is show information that exists in the Lua environment of the player's gmod (ie. their client). The server sends this information to those clients. I'd hardly even call it a hack, it just shows what is there. TTT itself is as prudent as possible about sending clients info, like which players are traitor. Innocent players will not have that information anywhere, not even in their game's Lua state. So bbot can't just show that.

Instead, it uses information that gmod always sends to clients: the weapons someone carries. There is no reason to send this info to anyone except the player who is carrying those weapons, but gmod does this because it allows for more Lua scripting stuff. I have no way of preventing this. So bbot just checks every player's weapons to see if they're carrying a traitor weapon and then flags them. (Note that picking up a dropped traitor weapon as innocent will therefore wrongly flag you, and buying only radar/body armor will not flag you 'cause they aren't weapons. It is not foolproof.)

Bbot bypasses Scriptenforcer, and it can be bypassed primarily because VAC doesn't work. It doesn't work in gmod because if it did, then you couldn't load custom binary modules as addons, which are nice for scripting/sandbox/whatever. It's a fundamental conflict of interest between sandbox players/scripters (don't care about cheating) and competitive gamemodes (do care about cheating). This will never go away.

This is one of the very few valid reasons why a non-gmod version of TTT could be an improvement: I would have almost full control over what information goes where. And VAC would actually work. But before anyone asks: no, I'm not going to rebuild TTT as Source mod.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 11:26:46 AM »

Instead you should work on making a stalker game co-op.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »

Instead you should work on making a stalker game co-op.

Please god NO! Lets all stop back stabbing each other and play gmod farmville...

/endtroll.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

Please god NO! Lets all stop back stabbing each other and play gmod farmville...

/endtroll.

What do you have agaisnt the STALKER series?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Look what i found badking :( « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length