Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:34:11 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Custom Weapon Error
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom Weapon Error  (Read 7013 times)
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« on: August 28, 2010, 12:30:39 AM »

Hello, I have made a custom weapon for ttt its a suicide bomb and part of it to make it balanced is the reduction of health by %80 and other things. Anyway, when the person holster the bomb it gives back %80 of their health back. But I get this error: weapons\weapon_ttt_suicide_bomb\shared.lua:186: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'takepercent' (a nil value)

The weird thing is that the error dosnet affect anything and the variable takepercent isnt nill. So why is this being called? I think its somthing to do with the Holster event. Is there any such things as preholster?

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 01:10:45 AM »

Hello, I have made a custom weapon for ttt its a suicide bomb

That is a pretty big issue, good luck solving it.

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
alafax
Poster

Thinking... Thinking... No.

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:55:10 AM »

suicide bomb
That is a pretty big issue, good luck solving it.

Think about it, you are? Congratulations you've beaten me in a game!
Kologer0s
Poster

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 03:12:10 AM »

Well, I lost you somewhere between suicide bomb and balanced...

http://bit.ly/Mogzcom MOGZ Gmod TTT + Killing Floor Servers
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:05:36 AM »

Stop being childish "LEMMING" fuckfaces you three, grow up. Get your own mindset.

Anyways, I really like your idea of reducing their hp to 20%. Pretty original in terms of balancing a hardcore weapon, I'm pretty sure that's 1-3 shots with all guns to kill the guy. I hope it gets fixed, the issue always really was it being overpowered, and gets as many kills as a c4, it was really just an easy button for shitty traitors. Hopefully this balances it enough. I might recommend 10% hp, or even 1hp. Just my opinion though.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 08:35:33 AM »

The error probably occurs on the client, because you only need to set the health on the server. Put:
if SERVER then

end

Around the part of the code where the error happens.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:44:07 AM »

yea, when I was making it I remembered the Jihad bomb and how really unbalanced it made the game, so I really did some hard core balancing and people seem to enjoy it as its not super minge.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:42:33 AM »

also, since I have the thread up. I made a flashbang for traitors and I have a vtf file i want it display it above the persons head if they have been flashed, similar to the traitor icon you see above peoples heads if their fellow traitors, so anyway, how do I draw it and then get rid of it again when needed?

Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 12:34:30 AM »

suggestions?

Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

My suggestion... Patience. Have some.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 07:32:42 AM »

The traitor icon above players uses this hook: http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Gamemode.PrePlayerDraw
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 09:14:35 AM »

Thank you, also one last question, the dynamite model used in the sandbox dyanmite tool how do I make the model attach to someones chest

simmerdown
Poster

www.ms3dguns.com

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 03:36:16 PM »

Thank you, also one last question, the dynamite model used in the sandbox dyanmite tool how do I make the model attach to someones chest

you mean when he equips it or when he holds it?
bcus if he buys it from the traitor shop, he shouldnt be seen by other players otherwice they know he is traitor, so better only when he holds it/ like a gun
once he hold the bomb you could make the world location  to his chest instead of his hands <-- maybe
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 08:18:08 PM »

yea, i meant when he equips it. I have a a feeling I have to draw it in the Postion some where close to the bone index of the chest?

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Custom Weapon Error « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length