Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:51 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Small question
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Small question  (Read 6497 times)
Spartan
Poster

« on: August 27, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »

Someone in my community mentioned that garrysmod has its own svn download now, or that garrys released his own svn similar to tortoise. Is this true? If so where can I download it?

I'm assuming TTT comes with the download aswell.

Thanks to all who reply.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »

No, Garry's Mod does not come with TTT. And an SVN for Gmod would be useless. Run the install command for the server again and it will update.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 08:25:01 PM »

No, Garry's Mod does not come with TTT.

Yes it does.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 08:27:19 PM »

Catbarf missed the fretta contest and BKU winning money.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 08:29:49 PM »

No, Garry's Mod does not come with TTT. And an SVN for Gmod would be useless. Run the install command for the server again and it will update.

wat

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 09:23:02 PM »

Iirc Bku updates a TTT svn, which is where Garry gets the latest TTT version to ship with gmod updates.
There was a TTT svn thread, but its gone now, and i dont know if Bku still does it that way.
Ramses
Poster

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »

Actually, there IS a public Garry's Mod SVN, that Garry uses for beta-testing updates.

https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/

Download it and install as a SourceMod.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »

All my TTT changes go into the gmod SVN.

I would like to establish some basic terminology:
- SVN is a system with a server and clients. There's a GMod SVN server, and you can get a copy of its files using an SVN client. (There's more going on that you don't need/want to know about.)
- TortoiseSVN is an SVN client.

So "an svn similar to tortoise" does not mean anything. TortoiseSVN is one (easy) way of grabbing the latest gmod build from the gmod SVN server. I just wanted to establish so we can talk about this with less confusion, hopefully.

The gmod SVN is located here: https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/trunk/

You would perform a checkout from that url using your SVN client, to get the full, latest gmod build (you could call it a beta). This will contain the very latest TTT version. You can then update those files regularly using your SVN client's update functionality etc.

If you just want a way of getting the latest of the latest TTT version, it is also possible to get only TTT from the SVN server. You do that by performing a checkout of this url:
https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/trunk/gamemodes/terrortown/

This can be a good idea, because it's less downloading, and you may not want to run the beta gmod DLLs anyway (they can be incompatible with your players' normal gmod).

So it might be useful if you explain what you want to achieve.
Spartan
Poster

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 11:45:13 AM »

Well I mentioned using tortoise svn to download addons for a server, and a member in the community just stated garry had his own version which was somehow 'better' and I couldn't find it.

Also with the previous update (96) garry was testing an update to fix the linux binaries and was 'throwing' them at the svn and I wanted to know what it was, so I could try myself.

As for the ttt svn, the latest version is always here so I've never had a need for it unless for whatever reason it wasn't on this website.

Thank you for all the info bku. Very helpful :)
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:09:28 PM »

Yes it does.
Catbarf missed the fretta contest and BKU winning money.

Yes I totally did. This is news to me.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Small question « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length