Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:43 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_catacombs
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_catacombs  (Read 83235 times)
kaytaro
Poster

« Reply #160 on: July 02, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

uploading it to my server
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #161 on: July 02, 2011, 05:37:53 PM »

Can't wait to play it.  I'm hoping between the apparent size and dark atmosphere, the gameplay will be balanced between traitors and innocents.
kaytaro
Poster

« Reply #162 on: July 03, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

people were complaining that it was too dark :S and the file size was huge even when it was gzip
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #163 on: July 03, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »

the file size was huge even when it was gzip

That's because it has custom models, ambient tracks, sounds, textures, and soundscapes. Also it's a VERY large map.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Smexy
Poster

PM Me for Girl Support :P

« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »

period - 2 weeks

Nuff Said

Yes, Im a girl.
Got a problem with that?
                                          There are two medicines 1. Talk to my fist in your mouth 2. Go see a god damn anal doctor.

Amen
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »

period - 2 weeks

Nuff Said

Did I miss something here? What...

[/quote]
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2011, 09:26:18 PM »

Oh this is the new troll which is also the old troll pretending to be a lesbian.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2011, 04:44:40 AM »

All right then...

[/quote]
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2011, 05:12:55 PM »

Is he talking about Neliel?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

That would make sense.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Actual
Poster

« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2011, 10:54:05 PM »

Hey, think you could cram the extra materials into the .bsp?
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2011, 05:48:23 AM »

Hey, think you could cram the extra materials into the .bsp?

Extra materials?

[/quote]
Actual
Poster

« Reply #172 on: July 11, 2011, 10:07:24 PM »

There's a folder paired with the .bsp titled "materials." Has a few .vmt files and the like in there. I was told that in order successfully provide those files with our Fast DL setup, we'd need a script to direct the download, which is annoying at best.
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #173 on: July 11, 2011, 10:29:35 PM »

There's a folder paired with the .bsp titled "materials." Has a few .vmt files and the like in there. I was told that in order successfully provide those files with our Fast DL setup, we'd need a script to direct the download, which is annoying at best.

You don't need those in your fastdl. Those are just icon thumbnails for your server list. Everything you need to play the map is in the bsp itself.

[/quote]
Actual
Poster

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2011, 09:34:59 PM »

Ah! Alright.

Thanks for the help/map, and sorry for the trouble.
moarx
Poster

« Reply #175 on: July 15, 2011, 08:46:39 PM »

Is there any chance that you could add 3-4 more spawnpoints? I'd love to try out this map but the server I play on is 24 slots, generally people get stuck in walls if there more people than there are spawnpoints. Generally the server has ~16-20 people but I imagine it'll get removed pretty quickly if people start playing it when the server is full. I'd add them via the TTT rearm tool but on most maps trying to add spawns just crashes my GMod.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:22:09 PM by moarx »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2011, 09:37:40 PM »

Is there any chance that you could add 3-4 more spawnpoints? I'd love to try out this map but the server I play on is 24 slots, generally people get stuck in walls if there more people than there are spawnpoints. Generally the server has ~16-20 people but I imagine it'll get removed pretty quickly if people start playing it when the server is full. I'd add them via the TTT rearm tool but on most maps trying to add spawns just crashes my GMod.

My server has 22 slots and we don't have any spawning issues.
moarx
Poster

« Reply #177 on: July 15, 2011, 10:15:56 PM »

My server has 22 slots and we don't have any spawning issues.

There are 21 spawnpoints (from what I can tell) so there's a good chance that a 22nd person would be fine, not sure about 24 because there are quite a few spawnpoints in small rooms/hallways.

edit: After exploring the map a bit I'm a fan of the atmosphere but overall it just doesn't feel like a TTT map. This reminds me more of ghosthunt (especially the 2nd one) and would be more enjoyable if you didn't have a time restriction (for the objective, I can't see how it'd be possible at all as-is). For one, finding the keys is fairly difficult and the map is extremely hard to navigate (after wandering around for several rounds I had only found one and couldn't even find my way to the matching door). The map is a big system of hallways and it could benefit from being a bit more open (or at least having paths connecting it to areas of the map that only have 1 way in/out). For normal TTT gameplay the map wouldn't be viable at all, it'd be nearly impossible to find the last innocent(s), even with radar.

Another thing I wasn't too fond of was how half of the map is pitch black. Having to use your flashlight to navigate is cool at first but after a while you just wish there were a few god damn torches so you could actually find your way around. I know there are some braziers that you can activate but they're only in a few little areas and for some reason I couldn't get half of them to activate.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:39:29 AM by moarx »
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #178 on: July 16, 2011, 01:48:17 AM »

There are 21 spawnpoints (from what I can tell) so there's a good chance that a 22nd person would be fine, not sure about 24 because there are quite a few spawnpoints in small rooms/hallways.

edit: After exploring the map a bit I'm a fan of the atmosphere but overall it just doesn't feel like a TTT map. This reminds me more of ghosthunt (especially the 2nd one) and would be more enjoyable if you didn't have a time restriction (for the objective, I can't see how it'd be possible at all as-is). For one, finding the keys is fairly difficult and the map is extremely hard to navigate (after wandering around for several rounds I had only found one and couldn't even find my way to the matching door). The map is a big system of hallways and it could benefit from being a bit more open (or at least having paths connecting it to areas of the map that only have 1 way in/out). For normal TTT gameplay the map wouldn't be viable at all, it'd be nearly impossible to find the last innocent(s), even with radar.

Another thing I wasn't too fond of was how half of the map is pitch black. Having to use your flashlight to navigate is cool at first but after a while you just wish there were a few god damn torches so you could actually find your way around. I know there are some braziers that you can activate but they're only in a few little areas and for some reason I couldn't get half of them to activate.

Thanks, this is well thought out criticism, also about the brazier thing, only the ones with oil in them light. (Black substance at the bottom)

[/quote]
moarx
Poster

« Reply #179 on: July 16, 2011, 02:49:27 AM »

Thanks, this is well thought out criticism, also about the brazier thing, only the ones with oil in them light. (Black substance at the bottom)

Ah, didn't even notice the oil, I was just running around and spamming E on them. Another issue (though I haven't witnessed it first-hand) is that the traitor tester seems to be extremely overcomplicated. First you need to find a key and bring it back (which is quite a task on its own) but then you need to sacrifice a body and perform some sort of strange prayer (which involves crouching and holding E for 10 seconds). Personally I'd rather just deag them in the head and take the karma hit (it's their fault for being suspicious enough to warrant a test anyways). The sacrifice is fine but you need to unlock the room and find a way to add some sort of explanation as to how the whole deal works.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:51:18 AM by moarx »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] ttt_catacombs « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length