Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:09:51 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Varible traitors
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Varible traitors  (Read 8962 times)
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:56 AM »

HO BOY

Kay. Basically, it's simple; A variable set of tratiors as a random change between rounds. The normal amount of traitors per round would still happen usually, but sometimes there are additional, or less, traitors. To counter act this sudden change, the traitor group gets one more starting credit per missing traitor, or one less per additional traitor. The credits would go into debt if there was more then one increase.

So, at the cost of some fancy toys for everyone, you get a additional team mate. Or, vice versa. These different rounds should only occur randomly and it should be fairly uncommon, just to add a sudden bit of variety. Even more rare are more extreme variants - Where there is, say, four additional traitors. Or even just one traitor who can practically buy everything. Or just one innocent. (Of course, in these extreme games it's less it being balanced and more it being amusing and a change of pace.)

Tis all I got.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »

it's less it being balanced and more it being amusing and a change of pace

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:11 AM »

This would be good for keeping people from always knowing when there is one traitor left, but I don't like the idea of losing my starting credit for a bad teammate or vice versa.

http://mammut.q-spot.org/misc/picpost/hahaha-no.jpg

wow, douchebag
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:10:23 AM by Rotinaj »
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:04 AM »

Way to be a complete douche

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 03:12:54 AM »

Maybe simply add a 'credit debt' when there are additional players, so the Traitors will need to get an extra kill or two before they earn a credit?

But I really like this idea. Remember those games of Serial Killer when there was no serial killer and everyone went crazy? It'd be like that.
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 03:18:06 AM »

You are a douche.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:28:50 AM »

This idea sounds fun.

What about all innocent rounds?

OR ALL DETECTIVE.

Actually, would the amount of detectives change?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 03:45:00 AM »

No, because the idea is to keep the innocents from knowing how many traitors there are. If detectives changed, they would know.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 03:53:26 AM »

God what a douche.

Anyways, it could be neat, but I'm against it. The innocents have very few deduction skills as it is, why take away the one where they know how many traitors they're up against?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 04:05:06 AM »

Nice post, biggest douche ever.

I don't like this, though, because on one hand the traitors already have few members and on the other nobody wants to be stranded with no credits.

For the more drastic changes, it'd get pretty dull pretty fast to have multiple "10 traitors 1 innocent" every day.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 04:09:16 AM »

The way I see it, this would only be 'fair' if the randomness only compensates for uneven amounts of players.
As in, 1-4 players means 1 traitor
5-7 is 1 or 2 traitors
8 is 2
9-11 is 2-3, etc.
Manipulating people's credits would prove a mess and would probably be unnecessary.

I can understand why you don't like the "there are X traitors, X left to go". Unbalancing the gamemode to fix this however? No.

Remember those games of Serial Killer when there was no serial killer and everyone went crazy? It'd be like that.

Now THIS would be fantastic.
There wouldn't be issues with balancing because there are no traitors. It would be effective and fun.

Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 04:13:02 AM »

No. Those rounds were miserable and confusing. No one wants to sit around and wait for paranoia to set in, and then wait for the innocents to kill each other. As interesting as it sounds in theory, it simply doesn't work.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 04:31:34 AM »

No. Those rounds were miserable and confusing. No one wants to sit around and wait for paranoia to set in, and then wait for the innocents to kill each other. As interesting as it sounds in theory, it simply doesn't work.

I guess the illusion would die as well.

Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 06:43:38 AM »

Har har.

Anyway, this stuff is not meant to be common. Maybe only a 1/10 chance of it even fluctuating at all. Just a additional little variable that changes things.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:59 AM »

I like the idea, everyone has good points. I can't really say whether it's good or bad. o_o

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2010, 07:56:43 AM »

I'm not going to do this in standard TTT, because things randomly acting weird and different is equal to "wtf bugz" to people. However, I will disable the chat notification when the traitor percentage convar changes. That way, this mechanic would be quite easy to do as a server "plugin"/script: hook TTTPrepareRound and simply adjust ttt_traitor_pct occasionally. The players wouldn't know anything happened. You could even have it ask an admin for that SK feeling.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Varible traitors « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length