Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:32:38 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Server issues after gmod update
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Server issues after gmod update  (Read 5773 times)
ApeSpecter
Poster

« on: June 30, 2010, 07:25:30 AM »

Hi Bad King,
I think something happened to the gamemode after the last update. My gmod server seems to have a big problem. When I join the server it is the construct map instead of the map in mapcycle.txt. Also it does not load the game mode it says: Could not include file cl_init.lua(file not found). But the file is in there!
Do you have any idea? Thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:26:31 AM by ApeSpecter »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 07:56:26 AM »

The update didn't do much to the gamemode itself, but gmod servers have been breaking a lot in different ways. They've released a number of patches since the big update, so make sure you try to update the server's gmod version regularly. I just ran the update tool on my testserver and it updated gmod to version 86.

Can you see if there are any errors in the server console?
Are you using sv_downloadurl/fastdl? If yes, have you tried turning it off to see if that helps for the cl_init error?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:57:57 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 08:03:10 AM »

The update didn't do much to the gamemode itself, but gmod servers have been breaking a lot in different ways. They've released a number of patches since the big update, so make sure you try to update the server's gmod version regularly. I just ran the update tool on my testserver and it updated gmod to version 86.

Can you see if there are any errors in the server console?
Are you using sv_downloadurl/fastdl? If yes, have you tried turning it off to see if that helps for the cl_init error?
I dont think I can see server logs, but I tried using fast dl before but it failed so I dont use it.

Edit: here is the error:

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:09:44 AM by ApeSpecter »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 08:23:05 AM »

Yeah, I know the error, it happens when the server doesn't send the script files to the client properly. It is sometimes caused by an out of date fastdl, but in this case perhaps it's a different problem with the server. I have no idea what though.

I'm splitting this off into its own thread.
ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

I solved the gamemode one.

Hi I have put up the Fast DL. It downloads the items everytime when I join but they are purple black squares ingame..
I have put a content directory on gamemodes/terrortown/ and put help and materials folders in it. It does not work this way, do I have to add Resource.AddFile in cl_init?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:55:19 PM by ApeSpecter »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 03:09:57 PM »

The gamemode already handles does the resource.AddFile stuff, you won't have to do that.

The content directory of gamemodes currently does not work properly in gmod. The materials and help folders should just go into /garrysmod/. They will also have to be in that same place on the fastdl server.

ApeSpecter
Poster

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:44:46 AM »

Hello I think I solved all the problems now, the files now work correct.
Last think I did was to rename all vgui folders to capital letters (VGUI), because the web host is linux, I dont know if it is important though.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Server issues after gmod update « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length