Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:02 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: 5-26 Gmod Update breaks
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 5-26 Gmod Update breaks  (Read 9540 times)
Rigel Betelguise
Poster

« on: May 26, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »

From the server console:

Couldn't include file 'terrortown\gamemode\cl_init.lua' (File not found)
********** COULDN'T LOAD GAMEMODE!! **********

There was a problem opening the gamemode file 'terrortown/gamemode/cl_init.lua'

Registering gamemode 'terrortown' derived from 'base'

Any Ideas or suggestions to fix?
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 10:51:10 PM »

lua_temp\terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:612: attempt to index global 'glon' (a nil value)

Also I have no scoreboard being displayed. Garry deserves for his mod to break for a change... Oh wait hes done that already in the last update...
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 10:51:47 PM »

BKU is sleeping. Someone else might have an idea.

Note that there is a gmod update coming out very soon (inevitably while I am asleep) that will change how Lua scripts are sent to the client. Rather than heaps of tiny .dua files (which is slow because that's how the internet works and caused other issues too) it sends a compressed "datapack" of all scripts.

It shouldn't break anything, as long as servers update their FastDL stuff, but you know how it goes.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 10:53:10 PM »

Are you usin a fastdl? If so, turn it off and try again, also check and make sure the cl_init.lua actually exists and is not 0kb...

If that didn't help, clear the server cache, that could help.

As for bigbadboo, turn off scriptenforcer, I'm positive that is why it's all messing up for ya.

Garry - refer to my sig.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:57:16 PM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Rigel Betelguise
Poster

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 11:08:03 PM »

Tried the F D/L....cl_init.lua is not 0kb, its 8737kb actually.  Still not working.

What command clears server cache?
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 11:10:46 PM »

Are you usin a fastdl? If so, turn it off and try again, also check and make sure the cl_init.lua actually exists and is not 0kb...

If that didn't help, clear the server cache, that could help.

As for bigbadboo, turn off scriptenforcer, I'm positive that is why it's all messing up for ya.

Garry - refer to my sig.

I would prefer to put up with the error to the next update. Turning it off is suicide. To many little kids who download the aimbot client addons and think they are gangster.
Rigel Betelguise
Poster

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 11:48:19 PM »

I deleted the stuff out of our cache folder and that did not help.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »

Also unable to get my TTT server working without turning off scriptenforcer. Turning scriptenforcer off does allow it to work, but obviously opens up way too many problems. This likely isn't anything BKU can fix, harass Garry instead.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 12:29:35 AM »

Alright, well I did make a small goof, it didn't include datastream in nosend_datapack, so if you use datastream on your server, open

Code:

cfg/nosend_datapack.txt

and add these two entries

Code:

includes\modules\datastream.lua
includes\modules\glon.lua

Fix.
Will_Kill
Poster

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 12:42:58 AM »

Ok, Pretty much the Gamemode works fine for only me on my server. Except I can't open traitor menu or anything that uses a menu. But for everyone else, the gamemode doesn't load. The script enforcer is also off.
Rigel Betelguise
Poster

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:45:59 AM »

TTT is still broken for us...we don't use scriptenforcer anyway.
wesker
Poster

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 07:21:39 AM »

this is the problem I was having as well. goto into your command line and put this

+sv_defaultgamemode terrortown

if that doesn't fix it, please post you server.cfg specs and your command line
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 07:45:32 AM »

We basically need to wait for a new gmod update at this point just to get everyone on all the proper fixes as they have been found so far.

Which is currently this:
1)
replace lua/includes/modules/datastream.lua:

http://azu.pastebin.com/W5M0NTB1

2)
Add these two entries to cfg/nosend_datapack.txt

If you follow this thread at Facepunch you know as much as I do:
http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?p=22189347#post22189347

To my knowledge there's not much I can do about it. (I don't do any weird AddCSLuaFile stuff)
I'll keep an eye on things and will update if there's a use for it.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 09:10:34 AM »

Also unable to get my TTT server working without turning off scriptenforcer. Turning scriptenforcer off does allow it to work, but obviously opens up way too many problems. This likely isn't anything BKU can fix, harass Garry instead.

You could just use an alternative anti-cheat... Scriptenforcer isnt the best, just the fact that its easy to use.

In other news... I got my LAN TTT server working perfectly. Il pop the fixes i have done in my main server in a bit, once i do some debugging..
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 09:11:43 AM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:17 AM »

I got my server working anyways just by adding (below) a while ago. Didn't need to turn scriptenforcer off.
2)
Add these two entries to cfg/nosend_datapack.txt

And there really isn't an alternative to Scriptenforcer. If you allow the client to run lua files, even if you try to overwrite the lua_run_cl command, they can still use scripts to get wallhacks, aimbots, esp, and probably the worse one, one that can tell them who the traitors are.

Even without lua_run_cl, they can just place scripts in Autorun/client, and other places. Scriptenforcer isn't great, but it does stop a lot.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 10:05:09 AM by Alters »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:28:24 PM »

You could just use an alternative anti-cheat... Scriptenforcer isnt the best, just the fact that its easy to use.

In other news... I got my LAN TTT server working perfectly. Il pop the fixes i have done in my main server in a bit, once i do some debugging..

I do use another anti cheat. Both at the same time works a charm.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:01 PM »

Well, for now Garry has broken my FastDL system, so no more FastDownloading, until its fixed. . .

As for the rest, well, it all works again after i cleared my Dua Cache ( Serverside. )

bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

Well, for now Garry has broken my FastDL system, so no more FastDownloading, until its fixed. . .

As for the rest, well, it all works again after i cleared my Dua Cache ( Serverside. )

I did the same, my FastDL and scriptenforcer are still working yet certain features like the end of round report have been sacrificed.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 05:09:06 PM »

Can't you upload the datapack to the fastDL server?
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »

I can't no, its Automatic.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: 5-26 Gmod Update breaks « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length