Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:01:34 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Lua Errors
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Lua Errors  (Read 7580 times)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:01 PM »

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'Tick' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player.lua:1213: attempt to call method 'GetIronsights' (a nil value)

Not very important, but thought id post it.

Now for the important one, this one makes the game bug out and stick in Preparing until i forcechange map or restart  the server:

Timer Error: terrortown/gamemode/init.lua:689: bad argument #1 to 'insert' (table expected, got nil)

If a fix is out, i'd like to be pointed in its direction ;)

~Phoenix

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 09:20:27 PM »

Are you running custom weapons? edit: According to the other thread you do. One of them is broken.

Other modifications?
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 11:26:46 PM »

The timer error is in default TTT, i've tried upping a clean version for a week, and it still has the preparation bug..

EDIT://

Found out hte source of the IronSight bug for me, i was developing a utility, and failed ;) It was going to be a Body Proximitator ( Finds dead bodies and beeps quicker when you get closer. )

Secondly a clientside error:

terrortown/gamemode/cl_init.lua:164: attempt to call method 'SetRole' (a nil value)

:S
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 12:14:01 AM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Charles445
Build Tester

I LOVE THIS AVATAR

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 12:21:38 AM »

SetRole only happens once when a player loads quicker than the gamemode.

del>Ok, so Bad King, you are just going to wait for Garry to fix?
What an idiotic thing to ask. Dammit weed.

Bookcases, Bookcases Everywhere
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:47:39 AM »

If you are developing something for it, then you are bound to get many errors that we can't fix here.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 07:57:06 AM »

The timer error is in default TTT, i've tried upping a clean version for a week, and it still has the preparation bug..

Yet no one else seems to have it.

edit: If you have a lead as to when it happens or what seems to cause it, that would help.

edit2: Something else I forgot to mention: I would only expect that timer error if some earlier code did not execute due to some other error, so perhaps there is a different error further back in the console/log.

terrortown/gamemode/cl_init.lua:164: attempt to call method 'SetRole' (a nil value)

I believe I've found the cause of this one. It only happens in a specific situation where the map switches and as your client finishes loading up the map, the server sends you something before your client is done initializing all Lua scripts. Won't have any negative effects, and should be fixed in next version.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:48:50 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'DoPlayerDeath' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player.lua:911: attempt to call method 'DampenDrop' (a nil value)

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'DoPlayerDeath' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\scoring.lua:84: attempt to call method 'GetTraitor' (a nil value)

Possibly a few of these.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:14:13 PM by phoenixf129 »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:39:27 PM »

First one is due to a custom weapon not having weapon_tttbase as its base class or having other issues, much like the GetIronSights error above.

Second would involve blowing up an NPC, which I suppose is possible because some maps insist on adding those. I'll fix that one.

Neither would cause the timer error though. If those are all the errors you get, I'll put up a new update tomorrow with the fixes I have so far and we'll see how things go.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 07:46:12 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »

Well, i fixed my IronSights bug and DampenDrop... Was caused by a single typo in my mp5's coding.

As for the rest, good luck with those ;)

Mind posting an invididual lua change report instread of "changes in terrortown/gamemodes" since its hard to keep my custom stuff, if i dont know was fixed / changed.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 09:51:16 PM »

You can use a diff tool like WinMerge to easily visualise the changes made in an update.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 11:18:49 PM »

Useful ;)

Thanks!

Now, il keep an eye out for bugs..

Wait, got one! xD

When you buy traitor body armor, or even any of the three red ones at the top, they dont fade till you re-open the Context menu, unless you designed it like that of course..

toco123
Poster

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 03:31:42 PM »

Would it be correct to presume custom weapons must be rescripted to work on the ttt_base?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »

Depends what you mean by custom weapon. If you're asking about existing custom TTT weapons, then no, since the beginning of TTT all weapons have had to set SWEP.Base = "weapon_tttbase" in order to work without loads of errors. It's not something new.

If you mean SWEPs that were made for sandbox, they will require modification, yes.
toco123
Poster

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 10:44:02 PM »

I meant adding a swep that was made under a different base, which you have answered.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 02:11:15 PM »

Detective beacon icons ( the blue hud logo ) stay on screen after round end. Maybe this is fixable, as i'd like to keep the Beacons as an option for DET, as they are underpowered and don't really have enough other than innocents who dont even protect them ;)

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »

With "after round end", do you mean after a new round starts?
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »

Yeah, the detective HUD display for beacons stays over rounds, even though the box is gone, the area where it was last still shows the icon for players.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2010, 06:51:55 AM »

Odd, because everything is definitely cleared out in the code. I can't really be bothered to re-enable everything just to test.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Lua Errors « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length