Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:24 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ECgamers.com TTT servers!`
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: ECgamers.com TTT servers!`  (Read 36443 times)
Nel
Poster

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2010, 11:53:32 PM »

Whilst I see your point, he holds the Ace. It's his box. He can do with it as he pleases.

He didn't want it to be his box is the funny part, he offered the community an outrageous price for a box, which we declined.  He claimed that he really needed the money to help support a house payment, and then his uncle passed away, and he came into a large inheritance.  So, instead of saying, oh, I don't need the money anymore, you guys can keep the box as it is, he starts his own community, kind of proving that he just wanted to start his own community in the first place.

That's not the part that pisses me off, we can always get new players, it's a little time consuming, but we'll work on it.  What pisses me off, is that I had a few ideas to improve the Gmod servers sitting in our High Admin Forum, Sacmo is now using my ideas and claiming that he and his great community have come up with these ideas,and worked ever so hard to get the servers up to the condition they're in, when it's all just a lie.
Will_Kill
Poster

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 02:50:02 AM »

Umm, actually they sorta asked nicely if he wanted to leave,
Anyways this topic is such a flamewar...
Nel
Poster

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »

I don't see a flame war at all, I just discussed what was going on.  Just because something is not in your favor, doesn't make it a flame war.

And asked him to leave?  Yeah, that's what happened perfectly.  ::)
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 10:22:03 PM »

Anyways this topic is such a flamewar...

If you wanna see a flame war, mention upgrades in the general discussion section.

Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2010, 05:37:58 AM »

He didn't want it to be his box is the funny part, he offered the community an outrageous price for a box, which we declined.  He claimed that he really needed the money to help support a house payment, and then his uncle passed away, and he came into a large inheritance.  So, instead of saying, oh, I don't need the money anymore, you guys can keep the box as it is, he starts his own community, kind of proving that he just wanted to start his own community in the first place.

That's not the part that pisses me off, we can always get new players, it's a little time consuming, but we'll work on it.  What pisses me off, is that I had a few ideas to improve the Gmod servers sitting in our High Admin Forum, Sacmo is now using my ideas and claiming that he and his great community have come up with these ideas,and worked ever so hard to get the servers up to the condition they're in, when it's all just a lie.

Actually Nel, I never wanted to leave TDR, it was Padre talked with the Other CA"s and they wanted me to leave TDR. After I told them I wouldbt shutting down the box til I have a buyer, But they asked me nicly to leave and start ECG.

They also Claimed that they were moving away from TTT and only leaving 1 server eventually running. They said and i quote "we are moving into a new direction and we want to move out of TTT" and i was nice and left and started ECG as they asked.

See Nel your sadly misinformed on the real deal that went down. I know what really went down you dont sadly.

Now if they would of never asked me to Leave TDR then you all would have the servers, but instead i was more or less booted out in a nice way.

also the box price was very reasonable go price out a nice i7 xeon 1U server system and see what it runs you lol. Anyways I dont care anymore.

Thats the truth of the matter, take it as you will or wont, I could careless but that is 100% truth.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »

Getting rid of the TTT servers?  We were getting rid of the 20 man because no one wanted to play on it, it was a cesspool of greifers and RDMers that no one wanted to even deal with.  On the other 2 servers, the game could actually be played, and we didn't want the players from the 20 man as a part of the community.  And we already knew that they want to expand outside of Gmod, it's been known for months that TDR has wanted to expand outside the realm of HL2 Mods, it's really not that surprising.

Are you honestly surprised that they "asked" you if you wanted to leave?  You decided that you were going to sell a box, giving off the impression that you couldn't be bothered with TDR enough to even keep it around.  It's almost as if you gave off the idea that you were about to leave the community anyways, so why not just ask if you were planning on leaving in the first place?  Besides, according to ZeroTolerance said to you, (and you can usually tell it's true, because although he freaks out about some small things, I don't think I've actually seen him lie about what he is freaking out about), you were never asked to leave, you just told the CA's that you were going to leave, they made a backup of all the servers, and you shut them down.
Vicconius
Poster

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »

Getting rid of the TTT servers?  We were getting rid of the 20 man because no one wanted to play on it, it was a cesspool of greifers and RDMers that no one wanted to even deal with.  On the other 2 servers, the game could actually be played, and we didn't want the players from the 20 man as a part of the community.  And we already knew that they want to expand outside of Gmod, it's been known for months that TDR has wanted to expand outside the realm of HL2 Mods, it's really not that surprising.

Are you honestly surprised that they "asked" you if you wanted to leave?  You decided that you were going to sell a box, giving off the impression that you couldn't be bothered with TDR enough to even keep it around.  It's almost as if you gave off the idea that you were about to leave the community anyways, so why not just ask if you were planning on leaving in the first place?  Besides, according to ZeroTolerance said to you, (and you can usually tell it's true, because although he freaks out about some small things, I don't think I've actually seen him lie about what he is freaking out about), you were never asked to leave, you just told the CA's that you were going to leave, they made a backup of all the servers, and you shut them down.

Quoted for truth!

There was no pre discussion about asking anyone to leave.  When I heard about this, you were already planning on shutting your server down.

Good luck with your community.

zm_urban_escape_b3 released
zm_plundergrounds_b2  released
zm_spookhouse_b1
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

I played here a few weeks back, soooooooooooo many griefers. Thats just my opinion however.

The only real adult communities I found when I played around where DNR and TheIceCave.
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2010, 01:39:26 AM »

Getting rid of the TTT servers?  We were getting rid of the 20 man because no one wanted to play on it, it was a cesspool of greifers and RDMers that no one wanted to even deal with.  On the other 2 servers, the game could actually be played, and we didn't want the players from the 20 man as a part of the community.  And we already knew that they want to expand outside of Gmod, it's been known for months that TDR has wanted to expand outside the realm of HL2 Mods, it's really not that surprising.

Are you honestly surprised that they "asked" you if you wanted to leave?  You decided that you were going to sell a box, giving off the impression that you couldn't be bothered with TDR enough to even keep it around.  It's almost as if you gave off the idea that you were about to leave the community anyways, so why not just ask if you were planning on leaving in the first place?  Besides, according to ZeroTolerance said to you, (and you can usually tell it's true, because although he freaks out about some small things, I don't think I've actually seen him lie about what he is freaking out about), you were never asked to leave, you just told the CA's that you were going to leave, they made a backup of all the servers, and you shut them down.
Getting rid of the TTT servers?  We were getting rid of the 20 man because no one wanted to play on it, it was a cesspool of greifers and RDMers that no one wanted to even deal with.  On the other 2 servers, the game could actually be played, and we didn't want the players from the 20 man as a part of the community.  And we already knew that they want to expand outside of Gmod, it's been known for months that TDR has wanted to expand outside the realm of HL2 Mods, it's really not that surprising.

Are you honestly surprised that they "asked" you if you wanted to leave?  You decided that you were going to sell a box, giving off the impression that you couldn't be bothered with TDR enough to even keep it around.  It's almost as if you gave off the idea that you were about to leave the community anyways, so why not just ask if you were planning on leaving in the first place?  Besides, according to ZeroTolerance said to you, (and you can usually tell it's true, because although he freaks out about some small things, I don't think I've actually seen him lie about what he is freaking out about), you were never asked to leave, you just told the CA's that you were going to leave, they made a backup of all the servers, and you shut them down.

Well believe what you like, as far as ZT goes the guy was RAGING at me about him and his wife being loaded and how he makes 400k a year, now what i find funny is that he is now when u ask him he comes up with all these other excuses about that, and that how he cant afford to buy the HDDS for the server he asks the community to do so. then cant afford to pay for the box to be placed in the data center.

Now its none of my business but I could careless who you believe but taking ZT's side on this is foolish and Nieve. None the less, im not here to stir you wrong, once waffen left I figured TDR was going to fall apart, its only a matter of time now. No offense.

But vicc I would be more or less worried about the luck with TDR and not my community, no offense of course.

So more or less Good luck TDR, your going to need it.

I sure hope when u all decide to switch your names to EPICgaming it works out better.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:41:31 AM by Sacmo »
Nel
Poster

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2010, 08:52:21 PM »

You're a self-righteous asshole who seems to think that he can say whatever he wants and feel superior, even after his first community was falling apart, and he had to steal a playerbase just to get anyone to play on his servers.  No offense of course!
Sacmo
Poster

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2010, 09:35:28 PM »

You're a self-righteous asshole who seems to think that he can say whatever he wants and feel superior, even after his first community was falling apart, and he had to steal a playerbase just to get anyone to play on his servers.  No offense of course!

Never was my plan and nor did I steal anything I just rebuilt it, and seeing as TDR doesnt have any servers I am simply providing a service to those that wanna play, No need for immature insults here.

I was purely dishing out the facts of the matter here, and we all know the saying "The truth hurts"

as for my 1st community it didn't so well because I was a poor leader at the time and I was learning like everyone does at one point in time. After being asked to leave, AFTER the fact i said i would allow tdr to use my box until I sold it, I changed my mind and kept it, and was told by padre to go make another community.

but anyways Nel think as you wish, but please you throwing insults doesnt make the situation any better, and you gotta admit, you all don't have any server to keep a steady player base anyways so it would of died out any who. No offense.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »

Weren't you the guy who made the TDR servers terrible?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Nel
Poster

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »

ut anyways Nel think as you wish, but please you throwing insults doesnt make the situation any better

I hope you realise I was making fun of your insults, and pointing out that putting "No offense" on the end of it doesn't make it any less of an insult.
Will_Kill
Poster

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 11:41:26 PM »

Rawr? Anyways Narwhals?
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »

was told by padre to go make another community.

Why is there no one that can confirm this? I mean, I find it hard to believe that someone would just say, "We don't want you here anymore, go make a rival community, that sounds like a swell idea."

Weren't you the guy who made the TDR servers terrible?

Well TDR seemed to be doing fine before all of this, and look at where things are now. You be the judge.

Rawr? Anyways Narwhals?

Yes, Narwhals...

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
Tannerbondy
ZM2 Developer

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2010, 05:23:52 AM »

Sounds like someone's desperate for someone's attention.
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2010, 09:26:19 AM »

Sounds like someone's desperate for someone's attention.

No he just got butthurt and stole the player base. Although I cant complain, 30% of my ZPS player base is from TDR.
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2010, 10:07:57 AM »

My, the ZM forums are friendly today.

Here, as a so-called traitor of TDR, allow me to recommend a course of action.

Forget about it. Arguing here's gonna do jack for any side. In fact, arguing in general anywhere's not gonna get either side anywhere, really, is it? I see no possibility of either side backing down. Sacmo's got ECGamers, TDR's got TDR. This is the reality now. There is little that can be done to change that.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2010, 03:40:03 PM »

Well TDR seemed to be doing fine before all of this, and look at where things are now. You be the judge.

I was actually referring to the horror stories I heard from various refugees of TDR's servers, back when he was a mod for them (and I was a mod of a different server).

You would hear a few times a day about how he would ban traitors for killing him without checking to see if they were a traitor or not, or how he would kick people for defending those he banned. And, because I was given a chance to watch these players, I believed them because they seemed to be experienced enough to play the game.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2010, 03:41:12 PM »

After reading through this thread, I can't help but remark on how this conversation started and ended.

Beginning: Typical Friendly introduction

Hey everyone we are only 3 weeks into TTT and already have got the top servers for TTT, we are fun fair and friendly admins that offer RDM free servers and a great place for people to kick back and have a lot of FUN!

we are also looking for fun and mature admins to help monitor and help us grow!

please feel free to check out one of our 3 TTT servers:
72.5.152.201:27015 [ECGamers.com] Trouble in Terrorist Town #1| Teamplay
72.5.152.201:27016 [ECGamers.com] Trouble in Terrorist Town #2| Teamplay
72.5.152.200:27015 [ECGamers.com] Trouble In Terrorist Town #3| Teamplay

Be sure too apply on our website and join in our fun at www.ecgamers.com

Please note this is an ADULT community, so no trolling is allowed, thanks and everyone have a happy and wonderful day!

Ending: Continuous Circular argument

My, the ZM forums are friendly today.

Here, as a so-called traitor of TDR, allow me to recommend a course of action.

Forget about it. Arguing here's gonna do jack for any side. In fact, arguing in general anywhere's not gonna get either side anywhere, really, is it? I see no possibility of either side backing down. Sacmo's got ECGamers, TDR's got TDR. This is the reality now. There is little that can be done to change that.

I admit, my knowledge of these communities are minute, however, the fact remains that this thread isn't going anywhere. I believe there are two possible solutions here:

1.  Lock this thread.

2. Become Friends? O.o
This is most likely improbable.

[b]On a side Note:
For those Involved in the Project Suburb Project, you still have 15 Days until the deadline where you are required to e-mail me your submissions.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:43:31 PM by Silverstream »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: ECgamers.com TTT servers!` « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length