Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:05:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Kicked by Console: lua file mismatch
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kicked by Console: lua file mismatch  (Read 5567 times)
Sid01
Poster

« on: February 26, 2010, 08:43:54 PM »

Last night, I just updated my TTT to the newest release and now people get kicked because of lua file mismatches. In addition to that, the scoreboard remains open and when you hit tab to close it, you get 10-15 error messages on the right side of the screen relating to the entity TTT:scoreboard and not being displayed correctly.

Any suggestions to fix this problem would be helpful.
Killers2
Poster

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 08:54:29 PM »

If you are using fast download (sv_downloadurl) make sure you uploaded the cache folder from the server to the fast dl again.
Sid01
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 10:34:18 PM »

That fixed the kick from lua mismatch, but I still get this:

Warning: vgui.Create failed to create the VGUI component (TTTScorePlayerRow)
vgui.Create: Error when calling 'TTTScoreboard':Init (terrortown\gamemode\vgui\sb_team.lua:86: attempt to index local 'row' (a nil value))

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ScoreboardShow' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoreboard.lua:38: attempt to index global 'sboard_panel' (a nil value)

Sid01
Poster

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »

bumpity bump?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 03:15:16 PM »

It's an error you'd get if the client cannot load one of the Lua files (in this case, /terrortown/gamemode/vgui/sb_row.lua). Perhaps the cache you uploaded wasn't complete, somehow?

When people had issues like this in the past they have always been related to fastDL, but it tends to be a bit hard to pinpoint exactly what is missing or wrongly configured.
Sid01
Poster

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 10:54:27 PM »

I reuploaded the entire cache now. If it doesn't work, should I try reinstalling the TTT update?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »

If everything works correctly with the sv_downloadurl disabled then reinstalling won't fix it.

One thing you could try is emptying the game server's cache, loading a map (and maybe joining) to make it regenerate the cache files, and then uploading those to the fastDL server. That should guarantee that all the cached scripts are up to date and consistent.

And you might already know, but an easy way to test for these issues is emptying your own client's cache directory and joining the server. That will force it to redownload the scripts as if you're a new player.
Sid01
Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 05:45:16 PM »

Yep, that did it. Thanks!
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Kicked by Console: lua file mismatch « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length