Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 06:39:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Setting Up A Fast-DL
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Setting Up A Fast-DL  (Read 6140 times)
TheDmac
Poster

« on: February 16, 2010, 12:30:03 PM »

Basically i need a run through. I know this can be posted on facepunch forums, but many of these questions regard the gamemde.

I know how to use Fast-DL (For css servers though) and i'm aware most of it is the same. Two things i'm new to.

resource.AddFile and garrysmod/cache/dua (Cache).

Basically all i do is upload the maps to the garrysmod/maps folder, correct? Do i need do make this whole resource.AddFile thing for the materials, maps and help folder that come with TTT? If so, how would i go about doing this as i have no idea.

Also for the cache, do i copy the whole cache/dua folder to my garrysmod folder on the fast-dl server? If so, do i only do it once (or does it need to be done every when ever).

Thanks.

www.VersonoGaming.net
Australia TTT Server - Custom Content.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 12:34:25 PM »

Never used, or heard of resource.Addfile. I would assume it would be safe to ignore for the moment.

You'll want to upload your entire cache folder, and any new materials, maps, models, and other items that don't come with Garry's mod by default. For an example, uploading the ttt_help file (or whatever it's exactly called) to FastDL will allow people to view the TTT help.
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »

So basically i'll just upload everything that came with TTT, Some custom maps i use for TTT and the cache folder.

I got the resource.Addfile thing from the garrysmod wiki, i was reading about it before.

www.VersonoGaming.net
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:12:58 PM »

Pretty much. You shouldn't have to worry about the resource.Addfile.
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:14:39 PM »

Sweet, thanks.

EDIT: Just to be sure, the cache doesn't need to be updated at all?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:37:58 PM by TheDmac »

www.VersonoGaming.net
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 01:40:29 PM »

It needs to be re-added to the FastDL every time you update your servers LUA files that affect clients. For an example, TTT updates.
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 01:42:51 PM »

Ah okay.

www.VersonoGaming.net
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 09:05:47 AM »

Sorry for double post, but is there a way to check that it's working? I also have added the sv_download url in my server.cfg

When i download a map, it says it's downloading map.bsp, not .bsp.bz2 or what ever (I don't know if it just ignores the extension on gmod, but in css it says it) and my maps are bzipped. Does it just say .bsp regardless of if it's compressed?

www.VersonoGaming.net
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Setting Up A Fast-DL « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length