Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:41:39 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13
Author Topic: Mapping Q&A  (Read 236596 times)
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #220 on: March 31, 2011, 10:17:31 PM »

Lower/increase the camera's FOV? point_camera seems to have a setting for that.

I did some investigating and noticed it's not the actual cameras that have problems but actually the screens in the maps.

Edit: Simply making the X and Y values in the texture adjuster window smaller seems to have fixed it. I suppose using the "Fit" button no longer will do the trick.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:49:24 PM by Fuffe »
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #221 on: April 02, 2011, 10:13:23 PM »

Would it be possible to add a map settings entity configuration to disable the flashlight in a map? Or perhaps even a console variable for it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #222 on: April 03, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »

It's possible but I'm not sure it's a good idea. If you had a map that disabled flashlights and had some dark areas, it would make the disguiser incredibly powerful.
Im A Ninja
Poster

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2011, 02:32:09 AM »

How do I add a traitor tester into my map? Does it have to do with ttt_traitor_check?..I added the base, a door & 2 lights, one green & one red, and a button.  The button has 2 outputs, 1 for the ttt_traitor_check, via this input CheckForTraitor, the 2nd one for the door to close (so they stay inside the tester).. I can't figure out how to make the green light glow if they're innocent, or make the red light glow if they're traitor.  Can anyone help me with this?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:26 AM »

http://ttt.badking.net/mapping-guide

Check the example .vmf files under "Downloads". There is a traitor checker example.

Don't use ttt_traitor_check, use a normal trigger that outputs to a ttt_logic_role.
Im A Ninja
Poster

« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2011, 08:58:32 PM »

http://ttt.badking.net/mapping-guide

Check the example .vmf files under "Downloads". There is a traitor checker example.

Don't use ttt_traitor_check, use a normal trigger that outputs to a ttt_logic_role.

Oh, why thank you.
I can't see the example .vmf ; but would I link the ttt_logic_role to the trigger outputs?
As in, I'd put OnTrigger, (via this input) TestActivator?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 09:42:29 PM by Im A Ninja »
cooltwig
Poster

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2011, 03:53:03 PM »

When I try to add the TTT .fdg to Hammer, it freezes.
Also when I try to open the ttt vmf exampel files it freezes too. any ideaS?

I have also been having this problem and have tried adding others and they have been fine can i plz have some help
youmenow1
Poster

« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »

Hello Bad King Urgrain, I made ttt a map for a server called mindblast, Its called ttt_rooftops, download link incase you want to check out  the problem yourself: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=120669 Its been having this problem where it gives people reliable snapshot errors and disconnects them every now and then. Then, if theirs a certain amount of players in the server it crashes the server and causes it to disconnect. It also lags for some reason yet it doesn't lag on css or normal gmod, only ttt. Ive actually released multiple fixes to try and fix the problem, all they've done is increase the fps and the player limit until it crashes, the reliable snapshot overflow is still there and it lags at times. The map isn't complex at all either and has had allot of optimization done. Can u pls help me, what have i done wrong????. Ive used css source engine to make the map and have forgot to remove the css terrorist spawn in every release. Would that be it???.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:44:18 AM by youmenow1 »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2011, 11:01:57 AM »

This is an engine error that apparently occurs when you have too many objects visible to the player at once. The only solution is reducing the number of entities like props and weapons, or making the map more split up so you don't see everything from everywhere on the map. It lags/crashes in TTT and not in gmod because all the TTT entities (weapons etc) don't exist in sandbox or CS:S, so there's a lot less stuff on the map when you load it in those games.

I am not a mapper and I don't know anything special about this error, the above is just what I read in the last five minutes after a google search. You may have better luck asking at facepunch.
youmenow1
Poster

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2011, 02:35:20 PM »

Well my maps quite open and makes it hard to remove weapons and ammo because there needed, but i will try my best. I have looked at multiple open ttt maps and how they've been optimized, so that should come in handy. Also, It would be really good if u gave ttt weapons the option to fade. It makes it very hard to optimize an open ttt map without it :\. Buy anyway, love your game mode and have spent hundreds of hours playing it :). Great idea you came up with.
youmenow1
Poster

« Reply #230 on: May 09, 2011, 09:22:04 AM »

How would I be able to make a button only a traitor can trigger?. I'm making a building that when a traitor press a button the whole thing collapses, but when an Inno presses it, nothing happens. What entity would I need to use?
Im A Ninja
Poster

« Reply #231 on: May 14, 2011, 10:45:19 PM »

How would I be able to make a button only a traitor can trigger?. I'm making a building that when a traitor press a button the whole thing collapses, but when an Inno presses it, nothing happens. What entity would I need to use?

Use ttt_traitor_button. Find it in the entities menu.
Im A Ninja
Poster

« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2011, 01:12:49 AM »

In a map that I have finished, I included traitor rooms. I've used func_doors that are triggered by a ttt_traitor_button, so only a traitor may access it. The only problem is, I found out if you crowbar it, the door opens. Which means anyone (Innocent or traitor) may get inside the traitor room. Should I use a func_tracktrain and use path_tracks, or use something else?
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2011, 01:32:43 AM »

Use the ttt_map_settings entity you can find in the entity list and under its parameters you will find three settings:

1. Enable/disable the crowbar forcibly unlocking doors you may have scripted to open only under specific circumstances.
1. Enable/disable the crowbar doing that with buttons.
1. Enable/disable the crowbar forcing movelinear entities to open.

Disabling the crowbar from interacting with any buttons or doors should fix this problem you're having.

You can additionally fire outputs from this entity on:

1. MapSettingsSpawned
2. RoundPreparation
3. RoundStart
4. RoundEnd (has an argument of 2 = traitors win, 3 = innocent win, 4 = timelimit)

This could be useful if you want some sort of event to occur for players in your map when the round starts or finishes, etc.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:34:43 AM by Silverstream »
youmenow1
Poster

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:41 AM »

How would I make it that the traitor button's only seen when your right up close to it?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 11:02:30 AM by youmenow1 »
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »

Hi guys, i'm making a cargo ship map. How would i make a trigger that fires when a C4 explodes? I want the boat to sink.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/shifty_pete
Mehis
Poster

Extrude Error #9000: Plane pingas01 is too long.

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2011, 01:10:01 PM »

Hi guys, i'm making a cargo ship map. How would i make a trigger that fires when a C4 explodes? I want the boat to sink.

You don't really need to make a trigger...

You just need to use func_water_analog to trigger when the c4 explodes.

'After explosion' > Func_water_analog > Open
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2011, 01:15:03 PM »

Yes, but the problem with that is how will I get the water in the skybox to move with the water in the actual level? I suppose i could set the speed for the skybox water to move 16x slower than the level's water...Guess i just answered my own question.

But would it still have the effect of the ship sinking, and not water rising?

youmenow1
Poster

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2011, 06:23:50 AM »

Could someone please answer my question as well?... Asap?
Shifty Pete
Poster

Shifty_Pete.exe

« Reply #239 on: May 22, 2011, 05:10:21 PM »

How would I make a traitor tester with a ttt_logic_role? I've looked at the example .vmf's but how would I make it so that when you press a button, it checks for traitors in an area of my choice (eg. the tester box) and outputs the required commands to the entities I will be using?

EDIT: I think i figured it out. I make a trigger_multiple start disabled and for the button, OnPressed > trigger > activate, then output ontrigger > ttt_logic_role > testActivator, then the rest is up to me. I hope that's right.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 05:32:42 PM by Shifty Pete »

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length