Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:48:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Author Topic: Mapping Q&A  (Read 236600 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« Reply #200 on: March 15, 2011, 11:44:34 PM »

Hey, I've got a problem here:

Let's say that at the round start, one player gets randomly choosed to be teleported to an X destination (the player can only be detective or innocent). How do I make it so only one random player is choosen?

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2011, 01:25:57 AM »

1. Overlay each spawn point with a trigger_teleport (name them 1,2,3,....) and have their state to initially disabled. (Under its properties, ensure only clients is checked)

2. place a single info_teleport_destination entity in the area of the map you want the player to be teleported to.

3. Place a logic_case into your map and put a,b,c,d,e,f etc for the case names. Name this logic_case "random_teleport"

4. For the outputs of the case, do the following:
OnCase01 -> 1 -> enable 0.00
OnCase01 -> 1 -> disable 0.20

Continue on with OnCase02 etc. for each trigger_teleport entity.

5. Place a ttt_map_settings entity in your map and under its "Outputs" tab, put the following:

RoundStart -> random_teleport -> PickRandom 0.00

Thats it.

Note: You may need to use more than one logic_case depending on how many player spawns you have.

In other News: I recently found out that the following func_physbox or func_physbox_multiplayer outputs are not functional at all in TTT.

* OnPhysGunPickup

Fired when a player picks this object up, either with the physgun or +USE.

* OnPhysGunDrop

Fired when a player drops this object.

* OnPhysGunOnlyPickup

Fired when a player picks this object up WITH THE PHYSGUN. +USE pickups do not fire this output.

If possible, could the next revision of TTT become possibly compatible with this entities outputs?

The OnPlayerUse output does however seem to be functional.

I believe the issue lies with the fact that the engine is searching for a "PhysGun" whenever the func_physbox is picked up or dropped, however perhaps the magneto stick is not seen as one, therefore the output is never executed. These outputs have great potential.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2011, 01:48:41 AM »

AMAZING Silver, <3 I gotta say lots of thanks. If I ever finish my map you'll be on support :)

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #203 on: March 18, 2011, 12:13:06 PM »

I've put physgun outputs on my list (in fact I've implemented them, but can't test them because the gmod SVN build is broken right now). It will only be OnPhysGunOnlyPickup and OnPhysGunDrop, because those are consistent between prop_physics and func_physbox, unlike OnPhysGunPickup.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #204 on: March 18, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »

Great! Thanks for the update.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2011, 10:08:45 AM »

Bad news, got the build working again, but my approach only works on scripted entities. You can't really trigger an output on a non-Lua entity from code. You can of course fire inputs, but that doesn't help, at best I could fire FireUser4 and hope a mapper isn't using it for anything else.

If you have a specific aim, there might be another way to accomplish it. One can easily tell via Lua whether an object is currently being carried, for example.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 10:09:48 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »

The only purpose I was using a func_physbox for was when:

1. "OnPhysGunOnlyPickup" occurs when a player picked up the func_physbox, a ttt_damageowner would set the player as the damage owner.

2. "OnPhysGunDrop" occurs when a player drops the func_physbox, a ttt_damageowner would clear the player from being the damage owner.

Through LUA ill see if I can get it working. Thanks again for the update!
NaPStone2
Poster

I AM UNORGINAL SO I USE THIS GIF

« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2011, 12:14:31 AM »

How would I go about making a door breakable?

I am trying to make a rotating glass door, but have it able to break.

maybe u shud w8
then stream got time 4 ur rqest later
and u downlad
Citizen_001
Build Tester

Male_07

« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2011, 12:25:54 AM »

func_breakable in shape of breakable part of door parented to func_door_rotating in shape of non-breakable part of door.

1200+ hours in Source SDK, and the Source engine is still a mystery.

Quote from:  Dinner
The first time you see him he comes onto you so hard.
[/quote]
NaPStone2
Poster

« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:22 AM »

So a func_breakable as the door, parented to a tiny func_door_rotating near the sidewall (whatever those are called), with the rotating prop nonsolid to player more or less?

maybe u shud w8
and u downlad
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #210 on: March 21, 2011, 02:02:22 AM »

Or I would say make the doorframe a func_door_rotating entity, and the glass inside the frame should be breakable (parent it to the door). Make sure the space inside the doorframe is big enough to let a player in. (A character model is 32 units wide/depth and 72 units tall)

Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »

Hey guys I was wondering if theirs any possible way I can make a TTT Map, propkill, and crowbar kill only.

I was also wondering if it's possible to disable the traitor/detective menus. (For sake of keeping the propkilling, as propkilling)

"We're not judged by the plans we make ,but by the actions we take." - Myself.
NaPStone2
Poster

« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2011, 03:46:40 AM »

Everyone, this is joey.

You might remember him from KENTUCKY FRIED TATOR.

Do not attempt to persuade him away from a prop kill only map, it will only make him want it more.

maybe u shud w8
and u downlad
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2011, 04:03:37 AM »

Everyone, this is joey.

You might remember him from KENTUCKY FRIED TATOR.

Do not attempt to persuade him away from a prop kill only map, it will only make him want it more.

I'm making it regardless. Just need to figure out how to disable a good majority of TTT shit.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2011, 08:59:40 AM »

People only start out with the crowbar + carrying tool. All you have to do is not have any weapon spawns, as well as prevent traitors/detectives from using any credits. The easiest way to keep them from using credits is keeping them from having credits, which you might do using a big trigger linked to a ttt_credit_adjust entity that removes 1 credit. As long as you can keep that trigger firing fairly rapidly that should do it.
Fuffe
Poster

Crummycradle was a mistake

« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2011, 12:08:43 AM »

Ever since Garry did that update that lets you see yourself in RT cameras, RT screens in the maps have been zoomed in too much to me. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix it? Other than moving the RT camera far backward, which really isn't practical...
Joey Skylynx
Poster

« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2011, 01:20:29 AM »

Thanks for the concept Bad King! But I had something on my mind I thought I put out there... Possibly just make a trigger called, TTT_PKL(Propkilling League).

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2011, 08:20:36 AM »

Ever since Garry did that update that lets you see yourself in RT cameras, RT screens in the maps have been zoomed in too much to me. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix it? Other than moving the RT camera far backward, which really isn't practical...

Lower/increase the camera's FOV? point_camera seems to have a setting for that.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #218 on: March 31, 2011, 12:41:54 AM »

When I try to add the TTT .fdg to Hammer, it freezes.
Also when I try to open the ttt vmf exampel files it freezes too. any ideaS?

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #219 on: March 31, 2011, 09:26:45 PM »

When I try to add the TTT .fdg to Hammer, it freezes.
Also when I try to open the ttt vmf exampel files it freezes too. any ideaS?

Have you tried adding it to an existing FDG? When I map I just add it to my CSS configuration for more models and such.

As for Hammer freezing when the VMF loads I don't have any idea why it would do that.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Mapping Q&A « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length