Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699861 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4280 on: February 09, 2011, 03:10:17 PM »

string.Explode should be fixed in the latest SVN, so it should be completely safe to update to that.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4281 on: February 09, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »

What was the version (svn) when gmod updated? 845? I'm going to have to migrate the changes :)

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4282 on: February 09, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »

842. The last TTT changes were in r835.

edit:

RE: voicechat ear gesture. I found a way to turn it off, but it appears to be purely clientside. Meaning only traitors see other traitors do the gesture while voicechatting, innocents do not. Maybe someone can verify this (can't test it with bots).
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:03:27 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4283 on: February 10, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »

The voicechat gestures appear to be hardcoded, ie. I don't believe I can disable them at this time.
Yes, you drop the contents of your loaded clip. So? It's a simple way of keeping people from juggling ammo and other dumb spamming stuff.

Ah, didn't realize it was on purpose.
Perhaps there could be a little error sound?
It took me a while to realize why I couldn't drop ammo.

And could you make the (AUTOMATED MESSAGE) text be in a different color, like last words?
Sometimes it's hard to tell who was actually AFK, and who was just copypasting it.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:43:28 AM by JoTheShmo »
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4284 on: February 10, 2011, 08:08:49 AM »

Ah, didn't realize it was on purpose.
Perhaps there could be a little error sound?
It took me a while to realize why I couldn't drop ammo.

And could you make the (AUTOMATED MESSAGE) text be in a different color, like last words?
Sometimes it's hard to tell who was actually AFK, and who was just copypasting it.

Just check the scoreboard... Currently if someone really is afk they go into the spectator team.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #4285 on: February 10, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »

I'm just curious, but why did you make the ammo dropped the ammo from your current clip and not the extra you have? I think it would make more sense to drop your extra ammo.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4286 on: February 10, 2011, 09:16:57 PM »

I'm just curious, but why did you make the ammo dropped the ammo from your current clip and not the extra you have? I think it would make more sense to drop your extra ammo.

It wouldn't do you much good to drop full packs of reserve ammo when you could instead manipulate the amount dropped.  You're basically just dropping the current magazine to share ammo/hide a lack of ammo.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #4287 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »

I updated my server to latest TTT version (svn) and when a grenade is used I get disconnected from the server and this error is in my console.
"Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 23."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 08:34:37 AM by NaRyan »

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4288 on: February 11, 2011, 08:20:48 AM »

If i remember correctly, that was fixed by some clever places of if SERVER then... Because the chickens used to do that to me.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4289 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:13 AM »

Latest SVN fixes grenade issue.
Also disables ear gesture for traitorchat to avoid confusion.
There's now a message when trying to drop ammo without enough bullets in your clip.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #4290 on: February 11, 2011, 07:20:58 PM »

Okay.

Erm:

No errors or anything, just that...

Only way i can see this happening is the KNIFE hitting him when he has low hp, but not actually noting him being a player, therefore, the physics collide death, instead of the knife...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:33:50 PM by Bad King Urgrain »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4291 on: February 11, 2011, 07:41:13 PM »

In which case it would be a gmod problem, because the knife's PhysicsCollide hook returns true if it hits a player. If gmod does not handle that by preventing normal physics from running, there's nothing I can do about that. If it's even worse than that and a player entity returns false on an IsPlayer check... all bets are off at that point.

TBH, in general incredibly rare edge cases and glitches aren't that interesting to me. They're not worth fixing, and even if they would be I it's not like I can reproduce them. I suppose it's a kind of luxury problem: TTT is apparently so bug-free (outside of incidental bugs in the SVN build), that every weird occurrence is notable.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:42:26 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4292 on: February 11, 2011, 09:54:03 PM »

Is there a config command that would disable the "Next map: MAPNAME" notifications appearing in the top right corner?
If so, what is it?
Sly
Poster

« Reply #4293 on: February 11, 2011, 10:07:46 PM »

If you are killed while typing in traitor chat, it will show up for everyone to see in Last Words. Is this intentional?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4294 on: February 11, 2011, 10:43:36 PM »

Is there a config command that would disable the "Next map: MAPNAME" notifications appearing in the top right corner?
If so, what is it?

There isn't one.

If you are killed while typing in traitor chat, it will show up for everyone to see in Last Words. Is this intentional?

I hadn't considered it before, but now that I do I don't see a problem with it.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #4295 on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:03 AM »

The way that players will spectate when they are in a chase camera or in first person will leave the player actually staying where they were in free roam, and they will only appear to be following the player.
This means if they are far away, that sometimes they will not be able to see the visgroups around their target, or not hear the sounds around them.
I'm just wondering if you'd be willing to set the player to a position near the spectated player every frame, or maybe every second or something, so that you wouldn't have those problems anymore.

Oh also, if someone kills themselves, so either they were slain, or they chose to die, I think it shouldn't add time to the haste mode timer.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 06:10:07 AM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4296 on: February 12, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »

I am aware of the spectator problem, but when I parented spectators to the player they are observing, things broke horribly. This doesn't make me eager to mess with that again. I suppose I can plop in a timer that repositions them and we'll see what happens.

Death = extra time, not going to change. What if everyone binds a key to kill, and press it as soon as a traitor attacks them? No time gets added, and as long as one innocent survives, traitors lose.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #4297 on: February 12, 2011, 03:58:40 PM »

If so, what is it?

That's ULX I believe.
What if everyone binds a key to kill, and press it as soon as a traitor attacks them? No time gets added, and as long as one innocent survives, traitors lose.

This raises a point that I had forgotten to bring up but that I think is very important: Running the timer down is advantageous to the traitors.  They lose potential points and the "victory" (which in this case does not satisfactorily effect point distribution), but they deny the innocents valuable points for killing the traitors and can easily make the same or more points as the innocents.  I have witnessed several hesitant or damaged traitor teams wait out the timer and then proceed to have the most points despite innocent victory--having a kill or two helps a lot in this regard.

The innocents are given little evidence to support a kill and are supposed to be on the defensive; they have much to lose by killing with no evidence.  I propose that traitors should be put on the offensive by introducing a fairly large point penalty for running the timer down (in the team point section perhaps) taht serves to both move the game along and to balance the points.  As it is, traitors can be ignore their objective, enjoy the traitor perks, and still win in terms of points.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #4298 on: February 12, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »

Makes sense, I'll give it some thought.

I never expect anyone to care about points, and then it turns out some people do.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #4299 on: February 12, 2011, 07:48:53 PM »

BKU, what's your view on high player counts? I frequent the biggest server in all of TTT- 30 slots. It's almost an entirely different game, due to how chaotic it is. Traitors roam around freely in bands, shooting up stray innocents, and things like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:29:07 PM by Raneman »
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length