Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:14:21 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699188 times)
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2100 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:27 AM »

So is a giant container that is being lifted down and someone is under it and it hits their head first.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2101 on: January 16, 2010, 06:08:14 AM »

The current problem of traitors unable to hear other traitors over innocents using their mic could be solved if it's possible for voice chat to distinguish between right and left speakers.  When traitor, all innocent voice chat comes in the right speaker and all traitor chat comes in the left speaker.  Something to that effect.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2102 on: January 16, 2010, 08:13:47 AM »

I think it would be neat if pressing traitor voice chat muted all innocents.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2103 on: January 16, 2010, 05:43:48 PM »

That might not be good, though, as you might miss something really important...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2104 on: January 16, 2010, 06:58:28 PM »

Since when do you talk and listen to innocents at the same time?

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2105 on: January 16, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »

It seems to me like it's preferable to use text chat when communicating important things. Much harder to miss for other traitors.

Muting the innocent for people hearing your traitorchat is not possible.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2106 on: January 16, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »

No, I meant mute all the innocents for you when you press the traitor chat button. Guess I didn't make that clear.

JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2107 on: January 16, 2010, 08:25:50 PM »

It think you should save 2 scores instead of one, one for "negative" points, and one for normal points. This way, if someone is really rdming a bunch of people, but also has enough decent kills to remain positive, you can still tell that they have lost a lot of points.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2108 on: January 16, 2010, 08:57:58 PM »

Or do something like this:
                         score                        innocent killed             traitor's killed
DNR| That guy         17                             3                                        2

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2109 on: January 16, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »

No, I meant mute all the innocents for you when you press the traitor chat button. Guess I didn't make that clear.

Does not strike me as useful enough to be worth the effort. You can probably approach this using creative keybinds and ttt_mute_team.

It think you should save 2 scores instead of one, one for "negative" points, and one for normal points. This way, if someone is really rdming a bunch of people, but also has enough decent kills to remain positive, you can still tell that they have lost a lot of points.

People like this will have bad karma.

I'm not going to dump a heap of numbers on the scoreboard. Points are an abstract reflection of how someone is doing. I really don't see the need to complicate it just to help players identify assholes. They are pretty easy to spot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2110 on: January 16, 2010, 10:37:27 PM »

Does not strike me as useful enough to be worth the effort. You can probably approach this using creative keybinds and ttt_mute_team.
Yeah, it did seem kind of dumb after I finished posting it.

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2111 on: January 17, 2010, 01:04:01 AM »

How about just having innocents and traitors be able to mute living? Just like when your a spec.
So someone cant be like, he wasn't listening so he must be a traitor.
The way i see it couldnt hurt.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2112 on: January 17, 2010, 02:42:18 AM »

Also, I was thinking you could use voice_recordtofile to create one file for ever player of their last microphone input. Then, if they were killed in the middle of speaking, when you searched their corpse and pressed a button, it would play back their last words.
If that's possible... It would be amazing.

And possibly when someone dies you could have the weapon they were last carrying shown; sometimes you see a bunch of people killed with x, and you're not sure who killed them, or if one of the corpses killed the others.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 04:53:52 AM by JoTheShmo »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2113 on: January 17, 2010, 09:08:14 AM »

How about just having innocents and traitors be able to mute living? Just like when your a spec.
So someone cant be like, he wasn't listening so he must be a traitor.
The way i see it couldnt hurt.

There's a checkbox for this in the settings panel, and the underlying concommand can be bound to a key as well (see previous post).

Also, I was thinking you could use voice_recordtofile to create one file for ever player of their last microphone input. Then, if they were killed in the middle of speaking, when you searched their corpse and pressed a button, it would play back their last words.
If that's possible... It would be amazing.

Not possible.

And possibly when someone dies you could have the weapon they were last carrying shown; sometimes you see a bunch of people killed with x, and you're not sure who killed them, or if one of the corpses killed the others.

Well, players drop their guns on death, so you can already tell. The problem is that guns get catapulted too far sometimes, not sure why GMod does that. I consider that a bug and will see if it can be fixed at some point.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2114 on: January 17, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

There's a checkbox for this in the settings panel, and the underlying concommand can be bound to a key as well (see previous post).

Well i know that but if you really cant hear then you have to bring up settings, check the box, close settings, then talk. Then you have to do the same thing if you want to hear innocents again.
I was just saying having a button to do it anytime easily would be nice, it is already coded for anyway.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #2115 on: January 17, 2010, 06:05:25 PM »

Well i know that but if you really cant hear then you have to bring up settings, check the box, close settings, then talk. Then you have to do the same thing if you want to hear innocents again.
I was just saying having a button to do it anytime easily would be nice, it is already coded for anyway.
Or you can open up console, bind that function to a key (like mouse wheel, like I have) and get on with your life.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2116 on: January 17, 2010, 06:16:10 PM »

As I said, you can already bind it. The built-in bindtoggle command will work, so to bind it to the "i" key for example, you'd use:
bindtoggle i ttt_mute_team_check

Then you press "i" to mute innocent, and press it again to unmute.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #2117 on: January 18, 2010, 12:15:04 AM »

BKU, Unless you hold my hand, bind it for me and explain to me what button I have to press at a 4th grade level.  Then you have failed your duty as a developer.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2118 on: January 18, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »

Not possible.

Enable voice_recordtofile, as it records to a file on the client, and every time they let go of their mic button, empty that file.
If they die while holding down their mic button, send the file to the server and clients and play it to clients when they click the button.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 12:49:54 AM by JoTheShmo »
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2119 on: January 18, 2010, 03:55:36 AM »

Enable voice_recordtofile, as it records to a file on the client, and every time they let go of their mic button, empty that file.
If they die while holding down their mic button, send the file to the server and clients and play it to clients when they click the button.

Only problem there is that it records wave files, meaning no compression, meaning massive file size.

Signature Pending...
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length