Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:55:09 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SourceBans
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SourceBans  (Read 9904 times)
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2011, 10:43:54 AM »

Hm ok well this is with the "baby" package and i currently to date for testing purposes can still and do still run the sql required for a PERP server off my webhost with hostgator so happily it would look like they support it just fine.

Also not sure why you would pay for something like TCadmin when you have access to the dedicated box via things such as RDP makes life so much easier as long as you know what you are doing but there is always that trust issue people need to get around which is understandably over the internet something of a problem for most people.

So yeah i have no idea why this is not working short of something not set up correctly, i mean i could confirm if its hostgators problem myself by setting up a sourcebans on my webhost and connecting it to a server.

They get enough donations to cover it. Its a trust issue tbh and the annoying time it takes to train someone on dedi use. Yes I would of prefered RDP, and did use it, but too many noobs.

1) Have you added the Server IP to remote connections?
2) Have you checked the log file in the sourcemod directory?
3) Open Host gator chat and ask this

"Could you open UDP incoming from my game server port (usually 27015)."

EDIT: My mock conversation with host gator. (I am not called Josh Wilson).

"Your question is, "My primary domain is pez-gaming.com. Could you open UDP incoming from my game server port 27015. I am trying to run Sourcebans that requires this connection to a database."

(05:49:57 AM) System: There are currently 0 people in front of you and 91 chat technicians assisting customers.
(05:53:43 AM) Josh Wilson: ?
(05:53:43 AM) Robert Le: ;w3
(05:53:43 AM) Robert Le: Welcome to HostGator LiveChat. My name is Robert. I'd be glad to assist you with that.
(05:54:03 AM) Josh Wilson: So you will open it for me?
(05:54:21 AM) Robert Le: One moment please
(05:55:32 AM) Robert Le: Not on shared hosting
(05:57:17 AM) Robert Le: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
(05:58:07 AM) Josh Wilson: No thats all thankyou"

They do not allow it. This is why you are getting the issue.

EDIT2: Further investigation shows this list, that like I said they allow it only for VPN and dedi. You need a free allowed host.

Shared Whitelist
fearlessservers.com (has issues with vbulletin)
3ix.com
angrygaming.org (hit and miss support)
247-host.com
simplexwebs.com
ferngullygraphics.com
go-networks.net (only if your server port is 27015)

VPS/Dedicated Whitelist
packhead.com (only offers VPS)
hostgator.com (must get a VPS or dedicated)
Ubiquityhosting.com (must get a VPS or Dedicated)
fsckvps.com (only offers VPS)
monhosteur.com (Dedicated Only)
peer1.com (Only offers Dedicated)

Blacklist
Bluehost.com (sold me a dedicated IP then never could get it working)
1and1.com
site5.com
siterack.com
5ite.com
driphost.com
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 11:02:35 AM by bigbadboo »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Ok so with that and after my own investigation you can get the sourcebans website working just fine the only part that will not work is the "servers" tab that you get showing the current status of the gameserver but it can still be used for banning and blocking players from joining your servers.

So it will work but not in full capacity as far as i can tell in terms of displaying data regarding server status but the required functions such as banning players in game, out of game and blocking players from entering your server will work perfectly fine.

so at the end of the day without having a dedicated box/ vps you can use sourcebans.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:56:52 PM by Handy_man »

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Pages: 1 [2]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: SourceBans « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length