Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:30:06 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Quick Help/Problem
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Quick Help/Problem  (Read 7657 times)
WhoDat
Poster

« on: August 17, 2011, 04:14:28 AM »

Hey maybe can help me really quick. I am currently changing the icons to the weapons and everything works great but there are a view weapons/items I cannot find: Radar, Disguise and Armor. They aren't in the weapons folder and I'm guessing that's because they are like automatic items or something of the sort.

Would appreciate the help if someone can tell me where those items are located so I can change the icons to them.

EDIT

Also; would love if someone could also tell me the location to add the icons to such icons you see when you ID a body; such as the icon that shows who saw who last or how they died and what not.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 04:22:57 AM by WhoDat »
WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:10:18 PM »

If someone can answer my questions above like really soon I'll give ya 5.00$ :D

Not even kidding (via paypal)

I really need to know where I can change the icons to the radar/armor/disguise for Traitors and Detectives
Also need to find where I can change the icons to those you see when you ID a body such as "Time of Death" "Who the person saw last" "The kill list" etc...
nrich588
Poster

WzG Owner

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:11 PM »

Check entities, check the whole TTT/entities directory, they are in there.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:51:45 PM »

Are you modifying the icons in Lua or are you looking for the locations of the icon VTF files?
WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:29:10 PM »

I am; I guess, modifying the icons in LUA.

I am replacing all icons with other custom icons from all default ttt weapons (traitor and detective) down to the icons shown when you search a persons body. I already have all detective and traitor icons replaced besides the 3 mentioned because they weren't under the weapons folder.

I will try searching the entire entities folder even though that is a lot of files within.

:p
WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:20 PM »

Okay so I think I found the file to change the detective and traitor radar/disguise/armor icons - it was under "GameMode" and it was the equip_items_shd.lua file.

Now I just have to find the icons where/what you see when you search a body and the icons appear as "Who the person saw last" "Time of death" "Kill list" "etc.."
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 01:06:24 AM »

Okay so I think I found the file to change the detective and traitor radar/disguise/armor icons - it was under "GameMode" and it was the equip_items_shd.lua file.

Now I just have to find the icons where/what you see when you search a body and the icons appear as "Who the person saw last" "Time of death" "Kill list" "etc.."

Most of these are not available within the base garrysmod folder.

There are two ways to acquire the files you are looking for:

1) Grab a copy of the ttt svn.

I have posted it here on the forums, http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=11124.0

and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\dark_st3alth\garrysmod\garrysmod\gamemodes\terrortown\content\materials\VGUI\ttt

All the files are there.

2) Grab it from the client/steam garry's mod GCF.

This requires the GCFScape tool. It's free, just google it (Nem's Tools)

Goto C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps

and open, garrysmod content.gcf

browse to garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/content/materials/VGUI/TTT

All the files are there.

The files for what you may want:

icon_time.vtf - the death time.

icon_tport.vtf - teleporter weapon

icon_traitor.vtf - nope not the taitor

icon_wtester.vtf - DNA scanner if I'm correct.

icon_id.vtf - Body id.

icon_code.vtf - c4 death icon

icon_disguise.vtf - idk what this is ;)

I do various mapping and coding for most gamemodes and games, and I'm sure I can give you a hand with any problems.

My Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/DarK_St3alth
My Server: 64.31.40.16:27015
WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 01:14:34 AM »

Ahh okay okay. I think that will help actually; thanks.

One more question.

I am very interested in finding the file for quick chat messages people use in TTT to quickly say "I'm with So and So" "Yes" "No" "Help" "So and So acts suspicious"

1) Where is the file located if anyone knows?

2) I am offering anyone $$$ if they are willing to help me make these binds play sounds when used and when people are near by they would hear the sounds - someone using the "Help" would play a half life built in sound saying Help and so on.

Thanks!
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:00 AM »

2) I am offering anyone $$$ if they are willing to help me make these binds play sounds when used and when people are near by they would hear the sounds - someone using the "Help" would play a half life built in sound saying Help and so on.

Thanks!

LOL, I was wanting to do this as well. So I guess your in luck with that.

I'll make you something and see if it's worthy of the $ or not.

I do various mapping and coding for most gamemodes and games, and I'm sure I can give you a hand with any problems.

WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 01:38:42 AM »

Oh neat.

Yeah if it works out and your willing to share or get some $$ just let me know. Really want it :)
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 01:50:21 AM »

EDIT: I was being stupid, found what seems to be any easy way to hook sounds in.

This is for the gestures when you use a radio command - NOT an act command. If you think I'm smoking something, set ttt_show_gestures to 1.

function GM:PlayerSentRadioCommand(ply, name, target)
  local act = radio_gestures[name]
  if act then
     ply:AnimPerformGesture(act)
  end
end

Ok, I finished it I think. Found some sounds from hl2 - but the bot radio chat sounds from CS:S seem a lot better to me.

Just post back if you want it here or if you want it via a file transfer of some sort.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:18:33 AM by dark_st3alth »

WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 02:38:56 AM »

If you wanna PM me it that would work great. You already tested it and all?

OFF TOPIC

I just ran into a problem. Okay you know how originally this thread was regarding me changing the icons to all the weapons and what not? Okay well the few icons I changed last night I tested with like 5-6 people and they said they were working just fine. Today, I get 2 people, that's just a start, there's probably more, saying that the icons are messed up for them. I ask them what the problem is and they sent me a screen shot of the icons being all blurry.

http://i627.photobucket.com/albums/tt359/n00bl3t-SynG-/2011-08-17_00004.jpg

That is the picture of the screen shot he took and sent to me. For me, when I tested the icons out and downloaded them and saw them, me and my 4-5 testers all said the icons looked great. I still see them just fine. I'm a bit worried on why or what is causing this??? The fast dl is working just fine.
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:01 AM »

possibly, it could be that the options set for the vtf cause this to show on some systems. I think it's the lvl of detail or something.

Caused mainly by that person setting their graphics low and thus the vtf responding to that. I think that's the problem with that.

Anyways, sending the thing in a forum pm to you now.

WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 02:53:20 AM »

Okay so just to make sure or double check; it has nothing to do with my side or server side. It's client sided?

Basically to fix I should just tell them to try setting their graphics higher? Because that sucks :( I don't want some players on my server to see icons like that lol.

WhoDat
Poster

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 04:43:27 AM »

Also; Tested out your sound thing; doesn't work :(

EDIT:

Also I think you misunderstood my previous question stated above:

"Okay so I think I found the file to change the detective and traitor radar/disguise/armor icons - it was under "GameMode" and it was the equip_items_shd.lua file.

Now I just have to find the icons where/what you see when you search a body and the icons appear as "Who the person saw last" "Time of death" "Kill list" "etc..""

I don't need the actual icons. I need to find the file where you can change the icon paths. For example; icon_skull which is the icon that shows on a body when someone kills themselves. I need to find the file where that icon can be changed to my own icon.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 05:11:13 AM by WhoDat »
dark_st3alth
Poster

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 05:02:31 PM »

Also; Tested out your sound thing; doesn't work :(

That's weird, I'm sure it should. It just emits a sound from the player about 100 world units around them. I copied most of the code that was made, just changed a few.
I'll run it today, with debugging prints to see if it works.

Okay so just to make sure or double check; it has nothing to do with my side or server side. It's client sided?

That problem is related to two things, but your server has no control over:

When the vtf image was made, someone set an option for level of detail or something like that. When this person saw it, with a lower texture setting, it came out blurry (a.k.a compressed to the extreme)

Basically to fix I should just tell them to try setting their graphics higher? Because that sucks Sad I don't want some players on my server to see icons like that lol.

You can ether redo the image and get people to delete the original, or tell him to set his graphics higher.

EDIT:

Also I think you misunderstood my previous question stated above:

"Okay so I think I found the file to change the detective and traitor radar/disguise/armor icons - it was under "GameMode" and it was the equip_items_shd.lua file.

Now I just have to find the icons where/what you see when you search a body and the icons appear as "Who the person saw last" "Time of death" "Kill list" "etc..""

I don't need the actual icons. I need to find the file where you can change the icon paths. For example; icon_skull which is the icon that shows on a body when someone kills themselves.
I need to find the file where that icon can be changed to my own icon.

Thanks.

That, I'm sure you will be able to find in a client file somewhere. I'll take a look.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »

If you use the VTF settings listed in the icon part of the custom weapon guide when saving your new icons as VTF, they will not show up blurred for people who have set a lower texture quality in their graphics options.

Note that once a player's gmod has downloaded a certain texture, it will not re-download it when you update it on the server. The only way to make sure everyone has the newest version is changing the filename.

The search result icon paths are in cl_search.lua. It's best to change the prefix on line 82.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:13:45 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Quick Help/Problem « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length