Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:42:13 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Scriptenforcer breaking the scoreboard
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Scriptenforcer breaking the scoreboard  (Read 5073 times)
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« on: February 23, 2011, 07:00:45 AM »

Hey,

Each time I enable the scriptenforcer the scoreboard becomes ugly.

I read on the readme.txt that all I have to do is adding sv_scriptenforcer 1 to the server.cfg : that's exactly what I did.

Please help me to fix it.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 08:31:57 AM »

Did anyone else read that as "Terrible Testicles"?

On topic: You might have a conflicting addon, I've never seen the scoreboard do that. Is your server a clean installation, or modded in any way?
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 08:50:14 AM »

Did anyone else read that as "Terrible Testicles"?

Yeah, it's the server name (it's actually the only frenchy TTT server).

On topic: You might have a conflicting addon, I've never seen the scoreboard do that. Is your server a clean installation, or modded in any way?

I installed some addons, but nothing related to the scoreboard D:
-ULX
-ULIB
-assmod
-this : http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=110052
-votekick
-perky TTT weapons
-and this : http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=55588

By the way, I use sv_downloadurl, the .dua files are updated.

Do you know anything to avoid cheating without sv_scriptenforcer ?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:18:30 AM »

When you join the server with SE on, are there any Lua errors in the console?
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »

Do you know anything to avoid cheating without sv_scriptenforcer ?

Flapadar's Anti Cheat, but with that it'll probably give you more trouble then SE is if you don't know Lua.
As BKU said, post any errors. I doubt any of your addons would cause this.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »

There are lua errors, but they're old just tell me if it's possible to remove them :

[weapons\base_ammo_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\item_ammo_357_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\item_ammo_pistol_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\item_ammo_revolver_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\item_ammo_smg1_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\item_box_buckshot_ttt\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_basegrenade_proj\shared.lua:8] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_c4\shared.lua:12] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_carry_handler\shared.lua:8] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_confgrenade_proj\shared.lua:6] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_cse_proj\shared.lua:12] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_decoy\shared.lua:8] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_fake_weapon\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_firegrenade_proj\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_flame\shared.lua:5] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_hat_deerstalker\shared.lua:6] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_health_station\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_knife_proj\shared.lua:6] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_physhammer\shared.lua:6] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_radio\shared.lua:7] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_smokegrenade_proj\shared.lua:6] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)
[weapons\ttt_traitor_button\shared.lua:3] attempt to index global 'ENT' (a nil value)

I also saw that, for sure it's causing the problem (I didn't notice it before) :

Ignoring terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoreboard.lua because SE is on and it's not in the VFS
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 10:32:16 AM »

Tommy, I'll send you my scriptenforcer nosend.txt and the other files involved. Might help slightly. Since scriptenforcer is ignoring gamemode files, WHICH it shouldn't.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »

Check all plugins are updated, and that the server is updated to the latest orangebox and gmod installations.

Then after that slowly go through your addons and removing them one at a time and replacing as you go through the list to see if its an addon issue. (easiest to just remove them all if it works then go through the list)

And as you have mentioned but always make sure that the cache file is set up in the fastdl properly and all that is happy as that will cause a misconfiguration.

Wanna post the server.cfg?

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »

Then after that slowly go through your addons and removing them one at a time and replacing as you go through the list to see if its an addon issue. (easiest to just remove them all if it works then go through the list)

And as you have mentioned but always make sure that the cache file is set up in the fastdl properly and all that is happy as that will cause a misconfiguration.

I can safely say that ULX, ULib, GModLegs, PlaySound and votekick won't cause this. I've ran them on my TTT before, even though GModLegs was a little buggy with ply:SetColor().

I think we can safely exclude the cache, since he would see BASE gamemode, and not FRETTA's scoreboard, and not to mention the ugly "LUA cache could not be downloaded. Server is misconfigured" error.

It's my bet on scriptenforcer's nosend.txt, bootstrap.txt, scriptenforcer.txt being the buggers here, he may have accidentally screwed them up, so here's a copy of mine

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 01:16:37 PM »

I can safely say that ULX, ULib, GModLegs, PlaySound and votekick won't cause this. I've ran them on my TTT before, even though GModLegs was a little buggy with ply:SetColor().

I think we can safely exclude the cache, since he would see BASE gamemode, and not FRETTA's scoreboard, and not to mention the ugly "LUA cache could not be downloaded. Server is misconfigured" error.

It's my bet on scriptenforcer's nosend.txt, bootstrap.txt, scriptenforcer.txt being the buggers here, he may have accidentally screwed them up, so here's a copy of mine

Alright. Thanks!
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:17 PM »

Alright. Thanks!

Well, his Scriptenforcer is now working, guess it was those files buggering about.

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Scriptenforcer breaking the scoreboard « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length