Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:23:36 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town  (Read 16250 times)
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 11:41:28 PM »

The server uses them. By saying something about the server is stupid, you're calling part of the server stupid. "Part" is still the server.

That's like saying because someone thinks dogs are stupid, and dogs are a part of the planet, the entire planet is stupid.

www.dnr-gaming.com
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »

Dogs don't know it's not bacon, and bacon is food,  so all food is really bacon.
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 12:12:31 AM »

Good server, they have great admins and everything is running smoothly, but they seem to be rather reckless when it comes to game balance.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:13:57 AM by Raneman »
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 12:17:35 AM »

When it comes to systems like these, I think that any form of external reward (especially with exclusivity) that effects gameplay ruins the essence of TTT.

Visual items with individuality (masks, hats, custom player models, etc) make identification a much simpler task.  Similarly, servers that allow weapons and ammo to be bought using a currency system kill the excitement of witnesses, continuity, and risk.

Servers with donor-exclusive weapons or privileges make the process of narrowing down who did a particular action much easier--you simply look at the people able to perform such actions, or people that can more easily perform the actions.  For an example, in servers where Jihad is premium-only, you know that only the premium users can use the Jihad and you narrow the possible suspects of a Jihad attack down.  In servers where donors have an increased chance of being traitor, you more strongly suspect donors at all times.

This isn't addressed to any particular server, but rather to servers that use systems like the ones I have described.  The game becomes something much less analytical when external items can be introduced into the game in such manners--that's what the traitor menu is for.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 12:31:52 AM »

Going to play on the server before I give any criticism about the weapons, etc that they are using.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »

When it comes to systems like these, I think that any form of external reward (especially with exclusivity) that effects gameplay ruins the essence of TTT.

Visual items with individuality (masks, hats, custom player models, etc) make identification a much simpler task.  Similarly, servers that allow weapons and ammo to be bought using a currency system kill the excitement of witnesses, continuity, and risk.

Servers with donor-exclusive weapons or privileges make the process of narrowing down who did a particular action much easier--you simply look at the people able to perform such actions, or people that can more easily perform the actions.  For an example, in servers where Jihad is premium-only, you know that only the premium users can use the Jihad and you narrow the possible suspects of a Jihad attack down.  In servers where donors have an increased chance of being traitor, you more strongly suspect donors at all times.

This isn't addressed to any particular server, but rather to servers that use systems like the ones I have described.  The game becomes something much less analytical when external items can be introduced into the game in such manners--that's what the traitor menu is for.

In the future the disguiser will be modified to remove all hats/masks/trails/heads from you while it's on, and as I said before, if you don't want to stand out, don't buy items.

Going to play on the server before I give any criticism about the weapons, etc that they are using.

Thank you. But, it might be a bit laggy. We're trying to fix this... Since we switched IPs, there's been some random lag spikes.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 01:52:49 AM »

That's like saying because someone thinks dogs are stupid, and dogs are a part of the planet, the entire planet is stupid.

This...
Tommynator
Poster

Tommynator is a traitor!

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »

Great, I had 40 points the last time I joined your server.
But I think they're removed now, because you changed the IP, no?
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »

No effort is being made to counter exploits or balance issues.

A one shot kill pistol- possibly one of the most overpowered weapons I've seen.
A jihad bomb which removes all the skill from killing innocents, defeating the purpose of TTT; Press mouse1 and run into a group of innocents, and you'll have more kills then you could get in an entire round without using it.
An anti-exploit weapon which is prone to exploits itself, allowing it's user to be propelled anywhere they want with no regard to the map maker's intentions.
A climbing weapon which again allows various exploits to be performed, but much harder.
Weapons with nothing special about them that are in the game for no purpose other then to shit out more custom content.
The one place where they actually cared about exploits was their removal of the crowbar's ability to open locked doors... oh, I'm sorry, it was an excuse to create the lockpick.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:38:08 PM by Raneman »
BaconManRules
Poster

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2011, 11:06:37 PM »

No effort is being made to counter exploits or balance issues.

A one shot kill pistol- possibly one of the most overpowered weapons I've seen.
A jihad bomb which removes all the skill from killing innocents, defeating the purpose of TTT; Press mouse1 and run into a group of innocents, and you'll have more kills then you could get in an entire round without using it.
An anti-exploit weapon which is prone to exploits itself, allowing it's user to be propelled anywhere they want with no regard to the map maker's intentions.
A climbing weapon which again allows various exploits to be performed, but much harder.
Weapons with nothing special about them that are in the game for no purpose other then to shit out more custom content.
The one place where they actually cared about exploits was their removal of the crowbar's ability to open locked doors... oh, I'm sorry, it was an excuse to create the lockpick.

/thread
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2011, 01:29:54 AM »

Tehe

At least they got rid of the damn "motion movement when running". No offence but when I play TT I dont like to get sea sick... and I did.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 04:19:44 AM »

Tehe

At least they got rid of the damn "motion movement when running". No offence but when I play TT I dont like to get sea sick... and I did.

Oh it's still on... You can toggle it :P
I'm going to default the cvar to 0 though, so people who want can turn it on, and those who are new don't spend ten minutes not reading the messages saying to "bind a key to +nnjg"
Actually I'll go do that right now...

And BaconMan, pointless post is pointless. If you post a message saying "/thread", it bumps it. If you don't post, it slowly dies. 

Also, most criticism comes from the Jihad Bomb. I, and countless others, have killed traitors that try to suicide with a Jihad bomb. If you get a headshot, it stops. The traitor has to be smart about when to use it, and everyone enjoys it. Enough "balance" on it is the one point loss from using it, that stops people who are trying to gain points to buy more things from using it. I don't see it used a lot, but almost every time I do it's either at the start of the round when people are having an orgy near the spawn, or at the end when it's just one traitor that's badly wounded and has no other choice if the person is a good shot, which a couple of our regulars are.

And Boo, I don't understand how you get "sea sick". It's not a sea :o Wouldn't that just make you sick from the movement? /Grammar Nazi
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 04:44:08 AM »

Also, most criticism comes from the Jihad Bomb. I, and countless others, have killed traitors that try to suicide with a Jihad bomb. If you get a headshot, it stops. The traitor has to be smart about when to use it, and everyone enjoys it. Enough "balance" on it is the one point loss from using it, that stops people who are trying to gain points to buy more things from using it. I don't see it used a lot, but almost every time I do it's either at the start of the round when people are having an orgy near the spawn, or at the end when it's just one traitor that's badly wounded and has no other choice if the person is a good shot, which a couple of our regulars are.

You do realize that your best bet is to either accept the criticism or ignore it. If you say "The Sky is Red." and they say "The Sky is Blue." and you say again "No. It's red." it's just going to urge them to respond again...
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 07:31:33 AM »

You do realize that your best bet is to either accept the criticism or ignore it. If you say "The Sky is Red." and they say "The Sky is Blue." and you say again "No. It's red." it's just going to urge them to respond again...

But... the sky IS red D:
Raneman
Poster

Shitposter

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 10:44:52 PM »

So, the jihad bomb is balanced because:
a. It costs a credit.
b. You can get killed before it blows up.

A five second c4 is balanced because it doesn't make you invincible. Great logic there.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »

a. It costs a credit.

A five second c4 is balanced because it doesn't make you invincible. Great logic there.

I told ya....
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11:56 AM »

a. It costs a credit.

It doesn't have a long range, it doesn't blow up behind walls, objects, or doors, and it makes you lose a point along with not being able to get rid of it after buying it, so you can't buy any more main equipment (slot 7) once you buy it.
GrayScare0
Poster

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 05:19:07 AM »

It doesn't have a long range, it doesn't blow up behind walls, objects, or doors, and it makes you lose a point along with not being able to get rid of it after buying it, so you can't buy any more main equipment (slot 7) once you buy it.

The C4's main flaws are defusal, loud beeping (on lower settings), DNA scans, 45 second minimum time, and being static.  Within defusal, we have defusal after the traitor died (correct wire given on corpse), using the defuser, and guessing (which is very much safe on 45 second defusals and really not a huge issue until you get to higher times).

Obviously the loud beeping and DNA scanning cons are counteracted by the blunt nature of the bomb, but that's acceptable considering its purpose.  Being a quiet bomb would be even more overpowered.  The other cons you listed are, frankly, irrelevant: I don't expect to blow people up halfway across the map with my suicide bomb that I strapped to my back.  That doesn't change the fact that it can be whipped out at any time and blown up in a group of innocents.  Easy kills.  Yes, you can be killed, but there's also a chance you'd be killed after planting C4.  The suicide bomb has an incredibly short fuse and is mobile.  There's simply no balance.

The fact that you don't HAVE to use it doesn't change the fact that it can still be used against you and that it is overpowered.

In the situation of innocents camping together, what tools do we have?  The silenced pistol from afar certainly throws them off.  So does a poltergeist, a C4, a thrown knife, or a radio.  Grenades, the HUGE, and the sniper are more basic responses.  Yet all of these options have significant risk, whereas the suicide bomb leaves little time to react and a powerful explosion.  Traitors are supposed to use deception, not brute force.  That's why none of the traitor weapons are downright upgraded weapons.  The C4 is a tool.  It is slow and risky.  The knife is a limited-use silent weapon that no longer outright kills.  The silenced pistol is quiet, yet easily distinguished and has no instakill as the deagle does.  The suicide bomb is but an enhanced, easy to use C4 that requires far less planning than the original equipment does.

All I'm doing is explaining the critique.  I really don't care whether or not you use custom content or not; it's not my server.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:20:30 AM by GrayScare0 »
bigbadboo
Poster

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »

You are trying to explain logic to someone who likes the suicide Jihad Bomb... Good luck.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2011, 12:34:10 AM »

You are trying to explain logic to someone who likes the suicide Jihad Bomb... Good luck.

People on the server like it, so we keep it. Simple as that. It's not over-used, and people don't complain. Your opinions are just that :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [NNJG] Trouble In Terrorist Town « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length