Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:57:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Couple more questions to help set up my TTT server?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Couple more questions to help set up my TTT server?  (Read 6360 times)
Captain Jackass
Poster

« on: December 23, 2010, 12:18:10 AM »

Like the title explains, I have a couple more questions on how to do some things in my TTT server.

How can i remove flatgrass/construct map?  For some reason it destroys the server when i remove it.

How can i add music to play for the winning team?

How can i make the random TTT models to a different default model for EVERY map?

Thats all for now, I may have a few more.  Thanks for answering my questions so far in a previous topic.  It helped a lot, since im still pretty new to server building. :P
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:29:16 AM »

1) mapcycle.txt
2) make a thread about it (LOL, I kid.

resource.AddFile("/path/to/music/traitor_win.mp3")
resource.AddFile("/path/to/music/inno_win.mp3")

local function PlayMusic(wintype)
  if wintype != WIN_TRAITOR then
      BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("/path/to/music/inno_win.mp3")')
  else
      BroadcastLua('surface.PlaySound("/path/to/music/traitor_win.mp3")')
  end
end
hook.Add("TTTEndRound", "MyMusic", PlayMusic)
)

3) shared.lua
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:26:15 AM »

shared.lua is in the "gamesmodes/terrortown/gamemode/" folder, incase you were wondering.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 04:07:29 AM »

1) where would the mapcycle be or if i have to make it where would it go? Lawl

2) where i would I upload the music? 

Also, i thought of one more how would I add like a new weapon for detectives/traitors to buy and how could I make the added weapons/items a donator rank only?

Ikno, im a nub, but Im learning :P

Thank for the answers so far!!!!!!!!! :DDD
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 04:42:08 AM »

1) server/mapcycle.txt (It's in the same folder that has your addons, materials, models and etc. folders.)

2) server/sound/makeyourfolderhere/putmusichere.mp3

Making donator-only weapons is a little nazi-ish when running a TTT community. No one wants to be restricted and only be able to do something if they pay.

Also it's more advanced then just adding weapons. You have to set up a donation system, too. (Lua, not just "send money here")
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 04:43:21 AM by Mr. Gash »
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 05:06:08 AM »

like with the mapcycle would people be able to still vote for maps? like with fretta, or will they not be able too?

For the donation idea, i guess, I'll just have the option to donate to the server to help pay for the server.  Then think of something to add to give it more of a meaning like give them a ULX rank with votekick/voteban... idk something... i would still like to add more weapons/items for t/d.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 08:56:14 AM »

With fretta voting system the mapcycle.txt makes no difference as at ECG its empty and people just fretta vote for what they want etc, what we do is just remove the maps physically from the server with an addition to the updater batch files.

But you say that breaks your server? what does it do? have you set up a default map in the command line that isn't flatgrass or construct?

place "+map [map name here]" in the command line to do this an example would be "+map ttt_iceresearch_rc4"

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »

Thanks, that actually will help a lot.  Il change the default map now.

Also, about the default models, I added the models into the section and then i got a giant error as a character.  Then I tried adding the materials into the materials folder to see if that helped.

Not really. There were still errors.  Would I need to add the models "settings folder"?  and some ...80x.vtx file?  It's weird, im going to work on that right now too.

Thanks for the help.

***EDIT***

the "+map [map here]" didn't work.  It keeps saying unknown command, that +map is a unknown command.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:19:04 PM by Captain Jackass »
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 09:51:11 PM »

You are placing in the command line yes? not the server.cfg

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 01:38:32 AM »

yes, it didnt work.
Handy_man
Poster

SNG community admin

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 01:47:47 PM »

I don't know what to tell you in that other then you are doing it incorrectly.

http://forums.firedaemon.com/garrys-mod-ten-dedicated-t386.html

I just did a very quick search to confirm that i am correct and this post on some forum says the same thing as i have here.

[b]
Sky-netgaming.com
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2010, 05:35:53 AM »

ill try it again.

Also, I went to go do the music at the end of the round thing and well, i added the music.  I just don't know where to put the code in the gamemode and what to name it.  I also don't know what sound file to put the mp3's.  Like in the gamemode sound file or the general sound file.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2010, 11:43:01 PM »

server/lua/autorun/server/yourfilehere.lua I think.
Captain Jackass
Poster

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2010, 02:11:41 AM »

would I name the lua file, ttt_endround.lua or tttendround.lua?

Just curious

Also, the asking questions on the forum is fine and all, but it would be ten times more faster and efficient if i was asking and you could respond back in a couple mins instead of a day or 5 hours.  Would it be possible for me to add you or you to add me on Steam to make the asking of questions simpler?

If so, my Steam name is fugitivebush (You'll find it as [CJT] Captain Jackass)

Thanks Bye
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 02:18:44 AM by Captain Jackass »
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »

It doesn't matter what you call it. Could be "garryisthrbestcoderever.Lua" not like it would matter serverside.

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Mr. Gash
Poster

www.nonerdsjustgeeks.com

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2010, 06:01:48 PM »

It doesn't matter what you call it. Could be "garryisthrbestcoderever.Lua" not like it would matter serverside.

Sir, that name is a lie, and I am offended by it.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Couple more questions to help set up my TTT server? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length