Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:43 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Any mapmaking tips?
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any mapmaking tips?  (Read 3011 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:39 AM »

Hello :D

So I got inspired by Redcow and I decided to make a TTT map myself.

It's setting will be Hotel Dusk; it's a DS game, that has an AWESOME storyline, best one I've ever seen on a videogame. But Hotel Dusk is also the place where the game is set.

Hotel Dusk's a rusty hotel (actually its a Motel) in the middle of Nevada. It fits perfectly on TTT, it has a small bunch of rooms, some offices, service rooms... I'm going to try to remake it the better I can. It's not my first map, but it could be the first map I ever release on the Internet (I did some TF2 maps, I didnt released any of these).

So; Hotel Dusk has a secret basement, only the people that played Hotel Dusk will know its entrance. I'll make an airtight room (just like the game), so when the door closes the player starts loosing 1 HP per second (and the door can only be opened from outside).

Brief, I'll try to remake this hotel. I'm not sure yet if you're going to be able to exit the hotel, so you go to the small road that led Kyle (the main player) to Hotel Dusk.

Players that already played Hotel Dusk please contact me so we talk about the Hotel, and what could fit into the map.

So, as the title of this topic said, I would really appreciate some mapmaking tips, because I want this map to be really special, since its the setting of my favorite game, and because it's my first map I'll release.

I already started some parts of the map, nothing too serious yet; so please, tell me if you got any tips on mapmaking.

Okay,
Good night guys.

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Redcow
Poster

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:36 PM »

Make a lot of paths to one area.  Not a room where people can just hide, not as fun gameplay.
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Any mapmaking tips? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length