Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:28:08 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA)  (Read 13757 times)
EpicBox
Poster

ZE EPIC BAWKZ IZ CUMING FOR YA.

« on: October 24, 2010, 02:35:37 PM »

HEY GUYZ.

OKAY. This is my second topic here, first one didnt worked out really well (killcams, bouncing knives, etc).

So I'm here with some /serious/ ideas.

First.

The Faking Death (you can change its name, its just a "beta" name.

I use the teleporter a lot, with my disguiser + scout combo, so its pretty sweet. By the way, if you falling (like, from a great height), it would be pretty awesome to teleport midair.

So this is my idea:

This only works on some situations, like falling, drowing in the water; brief, just natural deaths.

Example: some dickhead pushed you off a great height, and you the Traitor, what are you going to do? Use the Death faker of course!

BUT, WHAT'S THIS DEATH FAKER THING?

Its some kind of teleporter + dead corpse spawner. WTF is this?

You falling? Use it. You'll get teleported to a pre-set destination AND a dead body will appear in the place you were at (like midair). If people ID it, it will say that you were a Traitor.

PROS:
- Faking your death.
- People will see that a Traitor's dead, so they'll think "oh so theres only 1 traitor left", and stuff like that.
- Safe way to escape from a natural death.

CONS:
- If you use it in mid-air, your "corpse" will "spawn" in midair. not when you touch the ground; people may get suspicious of this (works better if you drowning).
- People already know you're a traitor if they ID you, so if you show up again they'll kill you.
- Only works with natural deaths, if you getting shot at you can't use it, at least you jump off a great height or jump in the water.

So I think it's pretty balanced, right? Oh, and i think people should bind a key to use it, like the Disguiser (E: You falling, PRESS 8 TO PULL OUT THIS THING, THEN CLICK TO USE IT. You dead already. It should be used with a key you binded already.
(And it should like like a Clock, IDK, something new).

So thats the Death Faker; but what about the New disguiser (Lets call it Name Stoler for now)?

OK, you used your death faker, but you got a close range weapon, so you gotta get close :D But they know you're "dead" so WTF are you going to do?

USE THE NAME STOLER.

What's this? Buy it, and you'll get a list of the DEAD players names. Yeah, you can just stole the name of DEAD people. So you choose a name, and voilà, you have a new identity. But if you talk (voice or chat), your REAL name will appear in the screen, so people cant micspam or troll with the name they picked.

PROS:

- Sweet new identity (you better disguise as an MIA player).  
- You can use for covering a kill you did.
- Killing someone with that identity so you're real identity stays legit.

CONS:

- You using the name of a dead guy right? No living dead players on this game bro. You'll get shot in the head if they see you.
- If you communicate with the other players, you're name will show up in the screen (both chat and voice communication).
- You must REALLY concentrate on your "name role". E: You're disguised as a guy named Roflcopter, if they say something like "Hey Roflcopter come here so we..." etc. If you don't people will get really suspicious about this.

OK, that's all guys, I hope King likes this :D I spent almost an hour typing this.

EPIC BOX'S OFF.
-

EDIT:

Name Stoler new ideas:

- You can't disguise as a detective.
- I'll already said this, but I'll say it again: If you communicate with other players, your real nickname will appear in the screen (on both Voice and Chat communication).
- You can only disguise as someone YOU killed.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:04:38 AM by EpicBox »

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Silverstream
Poster

Project Suburb Developer

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »

The "Faking Death" equipment in conjunction with a flaregun and "Name *stealer*" would definitely be overpowered.

I could simply kill a detective, lets say his name is "Bob".
I would then proceed to flare-gun his corpse to get rid of it entirely, use the "Faking Death" to fake my death and teleport away and finally assume the identity of the
now deceased "Bob".

How is this overpowered?
1. Once players locate my fake corpse, they will know I'm dead and will link out a traitor from however many are left.
2. I will assume the role as the detective which will to all players left in the server appear completely innocent.
3. I don't exactly need to voice-chat nor type-chat to gain the approval of other players. I've been in many rounds where players simply do not communicate which oddly enough
doesn't put any sort of pressure on them in terms of their innocence.
4. I can now freely kill other players without any means of suspicion as long as I execute properly (Ex: Not being spotted/Flare-gunning).
5. Other players in the round will become oblivious as to how many players are left.
6. I can easily additionally release the ID to switch my name, have a player spot me, run away and then reapply the name "Bob". Players will constantly be on the wrong track if there is any suspicion on "Bob".

As much as I would like to congratulate you on investing an hour on brainstorming ideas, I'm afraid I highly doubt this will be implemented.

Good thinking though. If you have future ideas, don't hesitate to relay them. Perhaps they might be of high interest.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 04:35:24 PM by Silverstream »
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »

I made a fiend death, where you can select yourself or someone you have killed and then select how they died.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Rectal Exambot
Poster

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

I made a fiend death, where you can select yourself or someone you have killed and then select how they died.

Manmax over estimated the intelligence of our community....

(Half the time traitors would dump their own body, then check it)
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 10:39:57 PM »

Okay, lets say you can only steal the name of Innocent/Traitor players, not detectives.
Let's also put another drawback:

If you attack, you're disguise's lost (yeah, it sounds like the Spy on TF2. So, if you want to proove that someone isnt disguising, you can say "Shoot at the wall, so you proove your innocence".

There's 3 things I hate: <br />People that hates people.<br />People that hates the haters.<br />And people that hates the haters of the haters.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 07:59:33 PM »

Manmax over estimated the intelligence of our community....

(Half the time traitors would dump their own body, then check it)

Yea that was a problem.....

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »

i think, to have a new identity.. it should be an innocent YOU killed, not a random missing in action.. SO lets say u kill a guy in a room, u use the diguizer... and u ge the name of tr dude u killed (if u chat to everyone) including innos it shows ur real name

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 01:01:45 AM »

I though about that too: you can only disguise as someone YOU killed, so it doesnt becomes too OP.

jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »

yeah, but then f someone identifies the body of the guy u killed (and stole his identity) u lost it...

Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 03:38:06 PM »

I definately agree with death faker myself, i dont think it is too overpowered, only use once, and they'll know your t. As for the name changer ive seen it before and it was kinda cool, but i think disguiser is fine a sit is tbh.. if no death faker i definately still think you should be able to teleport in the air if you have the time

*why1000 makes loud tapping noises
TheNakedDragon: errr Why, what are you doing? XD
Insanitosis: furious, furious masterbation.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »

As for the name changer ive seen it before and it was kinda cool, but i think disguiser is fine a sit is tbh..

sorry, i cant agree, when you use the disguiser, if someone gets near you, they know your T, because you dont have a name, cause when your Scouting, you dont see if someone is behind you..

Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 04:34:20 PM »

sorry, i cant agree, when you use the disguiser, if someone gets near you, they know your T, because you dont have a name, cause when your Scouting, you dont see if someone is behind you..

mehh, fair enough, each to their own.

'The History of England is emphatically the history of progress' - MACAULAY, Lord (1800-1859)
Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 04:35:46 PM »

ive just had a thought with the fake death thing, how about it shows as unidentified body... but when you identify it its just blank

jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »

yeah, cause if it shows your name, it will be impossible to kill traitor

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »

Of course. You just gotta hope that they didn't saw you falling and stuffz. So when you ID it its just blank, RITE?

And, to get the these things more complicated, your fake body will have your DNA on it. So detectives can scan it, and end up killing you.

jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 01:13:24 PM »

How about it doesnt show your name, and yeah, there still is DNA

Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 02:41:07 PM »

How about it doesnt show your name, and yeah, there still is DNA

thats what i said lol! xD

jspiegz
Poster

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »

my bad..

Ovvenchips
Poster

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2010, 02:54:07 PM »

my bad..

no worries, you made it clearer anyway lol

EpicBox
Poster

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2010, 10:34:15 PM »

Okay, Bad King, I would  be happy if you check this topic and tell us what you think =D

Pages: [1] 2 3
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: New Traitor Equipement (Faking Death and New Disguiser, DIFFERENT IDEA) « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length