Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:44:10 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug - Search killed by
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bug - Search killed by  (Read 3268 times)
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« on: September 29, 2010, 06:19:13 PM »

There seems to be a glitch/bug in the searching.

When i look for what a person was killed by, with my custom traitor bought weapons (not guns, but shurikens / pain stations), they show a SUICIDE AND A PROPER KILL.

It looks like this:

Anyone have any ideas on why this happens?
My take on it is: Clientside thinks he suicided, and Serverside knows what killed him, so both appear.
^ may be wrong, but its what im thinking right now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:21:05 PM by phoenixf129 »

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:12:26 PM »

The skull does not equal suicide. It stands for generic/unknown damage for which no special icon exists. Only bullet damage, physics damage, explosion damage, falling damage and fire damage have their own icon. Anything else = skull.
phoenixf129
Poster

I Rise from the Ashes.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 08:14:49 PM »

Well it knows where the damage is coming from, otherwise it wouldn't display the icon for the pain-station.

How do I fix that?

Software Upgrade Paradox - If you improve a piece of software enough times, you eventually ruin it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »

There isn't really anything to fix.

A special icon is shown if a player is killed via one of the following damage types:
- DMG_BULLET
- DMG_CRUSH
- DMG_BLAST
- DMG_FALL
- DMG_BURN and DMG_DIRECT

If it does not make sense for a weapon to deal one of these types, then it shows the generic skull. This is as intended. Certain specific types change the message slightly (like DMG_DROWN makes it say he drowned), but still show the skull. Hence, the skull has absolutely nothing to do with suicide, or not knowing the weapon, or whatever, and it's not a bug.

If anything, the default text is a little unclear. I have changed it to "blabla from his wounds you can tell he was hurt, but nothing specific" instead of "but not what killed him".

Otherwise, the only alternative to showing the skull is using one of the damage types above. This is easy if you're dealing damage properly using Entity.TakeDamageInfo , as you can use CTakeDamageInfo.SetDamageType .
Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Bug - Search killed by « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length