Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Modifiying Issue
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Modifiying Issue  (Read 5064 times)
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« on: August 02, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »

Hello Everyone this is my first post so... HI....Anyway, I am trying to mod TTT, I have downloaded the SVN and started modding it, the first couple of days it was fine, but then I decided to download ULX and then somehow any changes I made to the lua coding of the gamemod didn't work. I could delete or add things and it won''t even show any difference in-game. I think its got something to do with ULX, please how can I resolve this?

-Max Out.

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:45:15 AM »

Any Suggestions?

Ride Forward and Thrust Your Pelvis In The Dark Void. The One Induced By Pleasure Yet Cast By The Bigger Picture.
Sven10
Poster

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »

Do you have Ulib too?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »

Your problem is unrelated to ULX, and probably only seems that way due to the timing of a gmod update.

Since last gmod update, TTT is now included with gmod. Unfortunately this means that gmod prefers to use the lua scripts that it has in its GCF over what is in your /garrysmod/garrysmod directory, so that any modifications you make to the scripts in your /garrysmod/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/ etc will not have any effect.

It is possible to work around this by running the "gmodgame" SVN version of gmod as a mod. You do this by doing an SVN checkout from this URL: https://facepunch.svn.beanstalkapp.com/gmodgame/trunk/
into a /SourceMods/garrysmod/ directory.

Then you can run the SVN "beta" version of gmod in steam as a mod that does not use the gmod GCF, and modifications you make to the TTT scripts in /SourceMods/garrysmod/gamemodes/terrortown/ will have effect.

This is the same method I use to develop TTT right now, and also the method suggested by garry when I asked him about this.

An alternative is running a srcds on your computer, modifying the files there and connecting to it to test. That's more cumbersome though.

PS. For the record, this does not affect modders who are working on custom weapons, as those lua scripts are not in the GCF (they're custom after all). Only when you want to modify TTT core files is this necessary.
Manmax75
Poster

Programming Guy

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

Pages: [1]
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Modifiying Issue « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length